Client tomorrow and no patch test?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgieanne

Reaction score
I have a client coming to me tomorrow for high definition brows, however asked her to come today for a patch test (appointments tomorrow at 5pm) and she has not wrote pack of read the message yet, what should I do?
she wants her brows done for saturday, but I want to do a patch test!
advice!?

If you want to do a patch test then that's that.

Contact her using all means possible and let her know so she can cancel the appointment or do the patch test and have them done on the Saturday or whenever else suits you both.

I know in my heart I should and if i didn't do a patch test id be worrying!

Couldn't you have posted her one of the hd patch tests out?

Are they patch tests not 48 hours before? Just wondering as that's what we do and it's a total pain! 24 be lot easier! Xxxxx

Are they patch tests not 48 hours before? Just wondering as that's what we do and it's a total pain! 24 be lot easier! Xxxxx

I would have thought 24 hours before more of a pain as they have to come to you day before their treatment, (I'm home beauty room) xx

The girl that does them in salon only does a thurs-sat, I'm wed-sat. We often used to go in on a Tuesday for patch test, more often than not instead of this we give it to them to take home as was a pain lol xxxxx

The girl that does them in salon only does a thurs-sat, I'm wed-sat. We often used to go in on a Tuesday for patch test, more often than not instead of this we give it to them to take home as was a pain lol xxxxx

it would be handy if HI Brow did patch tests that you could put in the post like HD, as I've done one before and is handy for situations like this, she hasn't read the message yet so god knoww what will happen xxx

it would be handy if HI Brow did patch tests that you could put in the post like HD, as I've done one before and is handy for situations like this, she hasn't read the message yet so god knoww what will happen xxx

I use Colourstart patches, same as HDs but cheaper. Handy to post if client is not from the area or works unsocial hours!

July x

Do it without the tint process then give them a patch test to take away for their next appt xx

Hope u get it sorted chick, it's a good treatment cash wise to have to cancel! Xxxxx

Definitely don't so whole treatment until patch yeah has been carried out. You've told her previously about the requirement so if she does turn up she should be fine with an alternative treatment.

Laura xx

If i'm honest, I don't generally do patch tests. We were actually told during training that whilst it's ideal to do a patch test, to ask if they are used to having colour in their hair and whether they have any problems with that. If all good, do the tint as normal. I just tend to check on them a little more if it's their first time... Whatever you're most comfortable with x

If i'm honest, I don't generally do patch tests. We were actually told during training that whilst it's ideal to do a patch test, to ask if they are used to having colour in their hair and whether they have any problems with that. If all good, do the tint as normal. I just tend to check on them a little more if it's their first time... Whatever you're most comfortable with x

Sorry to be blunt but that's awful advice. If they do have a reaction it's probably going to be within 24 hours of treatment. So checking on them more mid treatment will do nothing, if you've put the tint on and they do have a reaction there's nothing you can do. Yes it's rare to have a reaction but it CAN happen. The body changes constantly, just because they haven't had a reaction before does not mean they will never have one. Is it worth your reputation, business and voiding your insurance to make that bit of extra effort?!

As lauren suggested do the treatment but explain you will not be able to perform the entire treatment with the tint as she hasn't had a patch test. I'm sure it will make her think twice about not doing it next time. Xx

No patch test no treatment - simple

Your business is not worth the risk

If you stated she must have a patch test and she agreed to come in then she must attend if she wants her app tomorrow

Contact her and tell her she will now need to reschedule as she failed to turn up.

If she doesn't get back to you and arrives tomorrow then turn her away

She may have a genuine reason why she couldn't attend but until then no treatment

I'm here from nails and just having a read through - just out of pure interest, how would you know if your client had used a patch test posted to them?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't know about other brands but The HD one is like a little kids stick on tattoo and part of normally still shows 48 hours after xxxx

Hi all, thanks for all responses, still had no reply from her , I just hope she doesn't turn up still at 5pm! I know she wanted them done for the reason of having light brows so as she was wanting them done for an event saturday she probably would like the whole treatment, If she turns up i will explain the situation and my policy,
another question whilst were all here,

does it matter what patch tests you buy to post? i though it had to be the one you would use in the treatment?

Hi all, thanks for all responses, still had no reply from her , I just hope she doesn't turn up still at 5pm! I know she wanted them done for the reason of having light brows so as she was wanting them done for an event saturday she probably would like the whole treatment, If she turns up i will explain the situation and my policy,
another question whilst were all here,

does it matter what patch tests you buy to post? i though it had to be the one you would use in the treatment?

Yes it should be. What if there's an ingredient in the tiny you use that they are allergic to, that wasn't in the test?
Slim chances but who knows

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back