Client vent-sorry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing gets me more than when a client virtually harrasses you for an appointment, similar to sending several ????? Texts while you are busy and then, THEN they actually have the audacity to let you rock up to thier house and they are out?! It happened to me twice (same person - how silly of me) during my mobile hair days only to be text stating "oh my (unqualified never worked in hair) sister did it for me instead, sorry hun" and "i chucked a box dye on it cuz im impatient lol so no worries" :mad: honest to goodness i could have exploded. Especially the final time because i altered my own plans as she was sooo desperate. Never again. I literally unprofessionally blanked her future messages. I was pregnant at the time n packed it all in after doing my friends wedding hair 2 months before my due date!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry had to jump in on this,bloody clients!!did a wedding good friday(bank hol my day off)one of the bridesmaids didn't have cash said shed bank transfer it the next day,just text to remind her and apparently she's skint and can't pay me til next Friday!!arghhh not happy!!!lesson learnt next wedding will be telling the bride I want cash on day or transferred before big day!!sorry rant over ha xx

I had a lady texting me on a bank holiday Sunday, "can you do my hair?" Me "yes, when for?" Lady "today, even if its midnight" me "sorry don't work bh Sunday and def don't work at midnight" lady "tomo?" Me "Sorry I'm to busy" (by this time I weren't interested) lady "you don't seem busy now!" Me....ignore!! Cheek!!xx

Sorry had to jump in on this,bloody clients!!did a wedding good friday(bank hol my day off)one of the bridesmaids didn't have cash said shed bank transfer it the next day,just text to remind her and apparently she's skint and can't pay me til next Friday!!arghhh not happy!!!lesson learnt next wedding will be telling the bride I want cash on day or transferred before big day!!sorry rant over ha xx

I really relate to this one!

I do a few clients at home, and one always TELLS me she will pay me on her payday.

Secondly if she wants foils extra she still gives me the same as her full head colour!!!

Now I say just book around your payday (she's a 3 week root client so this winds her up)

Or before I go I ask for cash and say I'm overdrawn due to a bank error so can't accept bank transfers at the moment.

I had a lady texting me on a bank holiday Sunday, "can you do my hair?" Me "yes, when for?" Lady "today, even if its midnight" me "sorry don't work bh Sunday and def don't work at midnight" lady "tomo?" Me "Sorry I'm to busy" (by this time I weren't interested) lady "you don't seem busy now!" Me....ignore!! Cheek!!xx

This is too funny....

I only reply to clients in sociable hours. Otherwise you get into a back and forth text convo..... Even I don't text them back all day I tell them I am at work all day! Or I've learnt to text back saying I'll let them know when I get to my diary tomorrow to avoid striking up a convo.

Omgosh, Ashley I would be so annoyed! 'You don't seem busy now!' ?! Who does she think she is!? Ha. No one works Easter Sunday - and there's more to our lives than appointments! You did we'll to rise above it and ignore that one hah

Lottie x

I was very proud of myself ignoring it, I laugh at it now! Has definitely taught me to stay in control of my working hours, and the "ill let you know once I've got my diary" is def something I will use in the future xxx

OMG I thought it was just me being overly sensitive... I specifically state on my website and Facebook page and any other site I'm on that I can be contacted from Monday to Saturday between the hours of 9am and 8pm... they think cos you have a mobile phone that it is ok to call on a BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAY or any other Sunday for that matter, I've had my phone on silent all day and had 2 missed calls!

Then I get the texts asking questions or worse an e-mail with no other details so I can't even call them to discuss which would be much quicker, easier and I could answer what they need and get them booked in before I'm fully booked... new people and a couple of people who should know better contact me at odd times, really upsets me cos it's like my time, my family and who I am doesn't matter - everyone is entitled to a day off!

My husband just thinks I should accept it, I'm a mobile so have to have a mobile phone :/

This is too funny....

I only reply to clients in sociable hours. Otherwise you get into a back and forth text convo..... Even I don't text them back all day I tell them I am at work all day! Or I've learnt to text back saying I'll let them know when I get to my diary tomorrow to avoid striking up a convo.
I try to do that too but I sometimes forget to contact them LOL... I only do nice people so if they are rude by calling me or constantly texting instead of being a normal human being I tend to say I'm busy whether I am or not so that they realise MY time is just as important as theirs

it had to be a joke surely?? no one is THAT stupidly inconsiderate?? or am I some higher life form LOL

I now ignore my phone on a Sunday, I have voicemail! :)

Nothing gets me more than when a client virtually harrasses you for an appointment, similar to sending several ????? Texts while you are busy and then, THEN they actually have the audacity to let you rock up to thier house and they are out?! It happened to me twice (same person - how silly of me) during my mobile hair days only to be text stating "oh my (unqualified never worked in hair) sister did it for me instead, sorry hun" and "i chucked a box dye on it cuz im impatient lol so no worries" :mad: honest to goodness i could have exploded. Especially the final time because i altered my own plans as she was sooo desperate. Never again. I literally unprofessionally blanked her future messages. I was pregnant at the time n packed it all in after doing my friends wedding hair 2 months before my due date!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app
I have an Asian lady who doesn't respect my business or my time, often cancels same day cos she needs to go out shopping!! I won't book her in if she does it again she will have to take pot luck that I have cancellations or postponements and I'll fit her in from a waiting list! Won't stand for it now... she texts me on Sundays too... grrrr

I have an Asian lady who doesn't respect my business or my time, often cancels same day cos she needs to go out shopping!! I won't book her in if she does it again she will have to take pot luck that I have cancellations or postponements and I'll fit her in from a waiting list! Won't stand for it now... she texts me on Sundays too... grrrr

Why have you mentioned that she is Asian? It's a bit like me saying I have a Caucasian lady who doesn't respect my business or my time? It's not really relevant :-(
Regardless of ethnicity anyone who is doing this I would either take a deposit or refuse to book anymore, this is a terrible waste of your time and costing you money in lost appts.

I work at a home salon and have crammed all my customers into 4 days in order for me 2 have all day today off to catch up on my books and paint the salon. At 11am i have a knock on my door and its a lady who is booked in on fri for foils cut n blow. I explain her appointment is on fri. She explains she wouldnt book a friday as she has her grandson so i invite her in while i check through my txts and yes she did book for fri. She looks at me and says "dont know what made me do thay hun, my hairs desperate can u just do me now?"
I felt like going "well actually no. I have hours of paper work to do and a few hours of painting, go away and come back fri like planned!!"
But i didnt so ive done her hair, just finished painting and now have to start my books which i dont think ill finish before 9!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(
Aurghhh

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app
It's not easy to say no, it's something I couldn't do the first time round doing mobile but 10 years later after working in an office doing something completely different I've become stronger and I've learned to say NO sometimes... I do have family to use as an excuse now though, I didn't before, when it comes to my kids and inset days, sick days they have no choice!
I call Sunday my family day to everyone of my clients so they should know not to contact me.
You were too good to her :)

I get this all the time and it drives me insane!!!! I tell my clients the best way to contact me is text.... I can then reply when I get a minute. Most of my clients are really good and keep to this. But I have a few that insist on calling at ridiculous hours of the night and on Sundays!!! I don't get it. If I had a salon with a landline then they wouldn't call at midnight and expect an answer so why do they can annoyed when we don't answer a mobile???

I did have to tell off a client who sent me 17!!!!! Back to back Whattsap messages. I refuse to use that app for clients anyway, it's for my personal life. Also, it was 1 am!!!!!! Arrrrrrrggggggh, what is it with some people?????
someone told me I should have a separate phone for work... I told them I wouldn't call a friend or family member after 8pm cos most people have settled down for the evening and don't want disturbing... Sunday is family day and if they contact me then I will not answer.

I now have it on silent 90% of the time and have said I need 48 hours notice to change or cancel appointments so that Sundays aren't disrupted... if I had 2 phones I would end up taking the wrong one, losing one and would be worse off LOL

Had a text at 22.50 last night ... (Good Friday) Obviously
Hello how much would you charge to fit 180 bonds I have my own hair.

I don't particularly like doing this Anyway as I like to get the hair myself but I replied this morning saying I would charge "x" amount

Can you do today?

To be quite frank I am getting sick of people taking the p*** it really gets me down some times. Does it have the same effect on you guys?
X
Yes, it does, it adds a pressure that you really don't need on top of having to interpret what someone wants with their cryptic descriptions and expectations.

I find it really draining which is why I now keep it on silent, if I miss or lose clients, so be it, my regulars will try again anyway... I do find that it's the younger, new people that have found me on the internet that do it, as if their world is in a different time zone!

I have 2 phones. A work and a personal one when I finish for bank holidays etc my work one is diverted to answer machine with a message saying "I am closed now please leave a message and I will call you back blah blah.." and if I get a text I text back "this is an automated text we are closed and will reopen blah blah"
I learnt the hard way that sometimes you have to switch off. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why have you mentioned that she is Asian? It's a bit like me saying I have a Caucasian lady who doesn't respect my business or my time? It's not really relevant :-(
Regardless of ethnicity anyone who is doing this I would either take a deposit or refuse to book anymore, this is a terrible waste of your time and costing you money in lost appts.
see what you mean... it wasn't meant in a derogatory fashion, she's a friend too... the mothers don't work and don't understand the rest of us that do, I've tried to explain but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

Sorry if I offended YOU by saying she was Asian, the majority of people around here are and they have different culture and different ways, is all I was meaning.

People fascinate me generally, I have worked with and for many nationalities in very cosmopolitan surroundings so do not mistake my comment for racism!

Last edited by a moderator:
see what you mean... it wasn't meant in a derogatory fashion, she's a friend too... the mothers don't work and don't understand the rest of us that do, I've tried to explain but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

Sorry if I offended YOU by saying she was Asian, the majority of people around here are and they have different culture and different ways, is all I was meaning.

People fascinate me generally, I have worked with and for many nationalities in very cosmopolitan surroundings so do not mistake my comment for racism!

Firstly I am confused by you writing 'you' in capitals.
It was not relevant what her ethnic background is. Why not say I have a customer who doesn't work and can't understand that the rest of us do.
It was offensive whether you meant it to be or not. I also find your YOU rude.

I try to do that too but I sometimes forget to contact them LOL... I only do nice people so if they are rude by calling me or constantly texting instead of being a normal human being I tend to say I'm busy whether I am or not so that they realise MY time is just as important as theirs

Being a normal human AHHAHAHA that's made me laugh

I have 2 phones. A work and a personal one when I finish for bank holidays etc my work one is diverted to answer machine with a message saying "I am closed now please leave a message and I will call you back blah blah.." and if I get a text I text back "this is an automated text we are closed and will reopen blah blah"
I learnt the hard way that sometimes you have to switch off. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do u find 2 phones working for u chick. Im due an upgrade in may and thinking about having this number (the one thats in my business cards n flyers) as a business one and having a whole fresh number for personal. As i do get txts at midnight or 5am last night bank hol sunday 22.12 had a txt for hair off someone who didnt even book anyway!
So fo you pay 2 different contracts or have one pay as you go and one contract?
Do you have like 2 iphones or one crappy one and 1 good one?
If you get a chance just let me know what works for you and how many mins/data works best for you on your business phone? Fed up of never switching off x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back