Client vent-sorry!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two phones, it drives me crazy, I was thinking about just having the one phone(I had all my business cards etc printed with my work number on it, I also don't want to give up my personal number) but even the thought of having clients calling & texting at ungodly hours, I'll stick to my two phones and being un-contactable from sat eve to mon morning :)

was offensive whether you meant it to be or not. I also find your YOU rude.

I see what you mean about the YOU. That was unnecessary.
However, I don't think it's even slightly offensive to call someone their own ethnicity. I wouldn't be offended if someone said 'I did this Caucasian woman' or 'I did this British woman' or even 'I did this Brit a nail treatment' ... because that's what I am, so why would I be offended?

I don't think the poster meant any harm by it.

Laura xx

I was doing my last client of the day on Saturday, when I group of girls walked in. I'm pretty sure some of them where drunk!
Anyway she pretty much DEMANDED I stay behind after closing time to paint her nails. And got really stroppy when I said the salon was closing so I couldn't do them.
Anyway, there was a lot of shouting between them, in very strong/ drunk Irish accents, not entirely sure what was said lol, and then they refused to leave until I did their nails!
So it's not just on the phone clients expect the world. It's in person too!
It was very intimidating and I felt sorry for my client! They did stumble out after a few minutes, so I finished my treatment and locked up!
Why do they think we have nothing better to do than service them lol.

Laura xx

I see what you mean about the YOU. That was unnecessary.
However, I don't think it's even slightly offensive to call someone their own ethnicity. I wouldn't be offended if someone said 'I did this Caucasian woman' or 'I did this British woman' or even 'I did this Brit a nail treatment' ... because that's what I am, so why would I be offended?

I don't think the poster meant any harm by it.

Laura xx

Yes the 'you' was unnecessary and rude, it made me mad. I appreciate your comment but I feel it is about context. Was it a discussion about a treatment that an outcome depended on it? I've got a Caucasian client who always messes me about and cancels on me? It wasn't relevant in this context.

Yes the 'you' was unnecessary and rude, it made me mad. I appreciate your comment but I feel it is about context. Was it a discussion about a treatment that an outcome depended on it? I've got a Caucasian client who always messes me about and cancels on me? It wasn't relevant in this context.

I'm afraid I have to kind of agree with skingeek here, nationality of a client is irrelevant unless you are talking about hair, skin type for treatments and if she is a friend, most would have just said "I have a friend/client who always does...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well yes, I completely agree it was irrelevant. I've said my opinion, that I didn't think she meant offence by it, but there was still no need to say it.
And the 'you' would have made me mad too.
I hope your feeling happy again today 😄

Laura xx

I really think that there was no harm intended at all here. She was just describing a client nothing horrible was said. Yes we don't need to know her ethnicity but why does it matter anyway it's been said it wasn't meant in a racist or offensive way to anyone or about the said client

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've had two phones in the past.

People just text both if they have both lol!

Is really irritating.... If you get another one make it your personal and ensure NO clients get the number, don't have work email on it, make it 100% work free.

I have two phones but to be honest I still find myself texting back after hours etc so I may as well just have the one lol. My work phone is pay as you go as well so I have to keep topping up which is quite annoying x

I have two phones but to be honest I still find myself texting back after hours etc so I may as well just have the one lol. My work phone is pay as you go as well so I have to keep topping up which is quite annoying x

Thanks for the advice guys ill stick to the one for now lol x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a client message saying hey I know it's Easter Sunday tomorow but wondered if you could curl my hair I'm going out.
Ehhh 1 it's Easter Sunday and 2 I'm a beautician not a hairdresser!!

I had a client message saying hey I know it's Easter Sunday tomorow but wondered if you could curl my hair I'm going out.
Ehhh 1 it's Easter Sunday and 2 I'm a beautician not a hairdresser!!

Wow. Just wow. Im sorry that made me snort lol

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Two new funny things for today

Received a text this morning asking me if I would put clip ins in some ones hair at 8am next Sunday morning....

Someone contacting me at half 4 wanting extensions done today as she is going away tomorrow....

God give me STRENGTH!!!!

Latest posts

Back