Client wanting clear Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
My client on Friday would like to have Gelish but wants to keep changing to different colour nail polishes on her holiday so I have recommended that I do the exactly same treatment but miss out the colour gel and just maybe put 2 coats of TIO on instead. Has anyone tried this and do you think there is any reason it won't work?

BTW if you're wondering why she's bothering having it done it's because she loves Gelish and how strong and long it makes her nails grow.

Thanks and look forward to your replies.

I do this on a lady who works in catering, finish with 2 top coats :)

OK great - thanks. So you just do the foundation and then 2 top coats? Do you charge her any less?

I would do a structure gel overlay or a vitagel mani myself as you will have a pricing structure for those already and know they work etc x

Or just do base coat, 2x simple sheer which is clear anyway then top coat x

OK great - thanks. So you just do the foundation and then 2 top coats? Do you charge her any less?

I charge her £5 less than a regular manicure x

Thanks everyone. Am I right in saying to her that if she changes the colour too much it may not last so well even if she uses acetone free remover?

i've not had an issue with the gel not lasting as long as acetone free remover used.

i get bored easily sometimes and will just do the gelish hard gel and TIO coats and then use regular polish/clear coat and change it every couple of days.

I still don't have an issue with the hard gel and it is still shiny when i take off the polish and have the TIO showing only

That's great Solsken - thanks for the advice everyone!

Latest posts

Back