Client went green, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holly1501

Reaction score
Hi there, I spray tanned a client last night and the bottom of her legs and her face went green ? She said she had just had a shower and washed with dove soap and quickly shaved the bottom of her legs and washed her face with it ? I believe the tan has reacted with the dive soap, in future what should I advice if this happens ? Shower immediately or leave on till morning ? Any advice welcome xx Lorna xx

It is only the guide which has reacted and gone green. It happens when people have deodorant on too. I just tell them to leave on as usual and the tan always develops fine underneath when they've washed it off. I use Suntana but I pretty sure this is a common thing with most/all solutions x

I advise all clients not to use Dove. It is a nightmare for spray tanners. If used before the tan it creates a barrier on the skin and the tan doesn't take properly, probably due to the moisturisers in the product. If used after a tan it seems to strip it quicker, possibly due to its Ph level.

I always ask if they have used Dove in the consultation now and also ask them if their skin is product free. If you have advised the client to prep properly and not to use dove and they do then you can't be accountable for the tans outcome. You will sometimes get product remnants on the skin that go green but generally the tan will be fine once washed off. If client did wash off I would charge for a respray. It sounds harsh, honestly I'm very reasonable but you can't afford to spray for free when client has not taken you advise x

Thank you for reply ladies xxx

Latest posts

Back