Client with bad skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca smiles

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have a client who is becoming a nightmare.
I have been treating her for 3 years and her skin over the last 6 months has been horrendous.
She has discovered though visiting various chiropractors, colonic clinics, assessment centres and food gurus that she is
Gluten intolerant
Dairy intolerant
Sugar intolerant
Her periods stopped so has been on some tablets to kick start these.
She is now doing a parasite cleanse as she has been told she has these in her intestines ...
So her skin has become extremely dry on her nose (peeling) and blackhead breakout has occurred, her follicles on her cheeks have become enlarged and block quickly, her upper lip has had some sort or sensitised reaction ... (She swears she hasn't put anything on it but very strange to just appear) and she is now getting breakouts.
She has changed her facial skincare to a sensitive natural range (from boots??!!) and I am now at a loss.
I use dermalogica as my professional treatments and I also have the Tropic natural skincare range which we have tried .... She said she no longer gets on with either.
Hhhheeelllppp
Sorry for the essay lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    753.4 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    751.2 KB · Views: 34
She really mustn't do all these colonic/clearing treatments. They wash out vital minerals from the intestine when used on a regular basis. It's entirely possible she's developed an allergy but it has to be diagnosed by a doctor, not these alternative clinics. If her follicles are enlarging and her skin breaking out then, to me, that sounds more like a hormonal change or some sort of illness disrupting her health. She really must go and get some help. Also it's worth her disclosing all supplements and other products she is using, then you can go through them and see if there is something she started a few months ago that might be the culprit.

She really mustn't do all these colonic/clearing treatments. They wash out vital minerals from the intestine when used on a regular basis. It's entirely possible she's developed an allergy but it has to be diagnosed by a doctor, not these alternative clinics. If her follicles are enlarging and her skin breaking out then, to me, that sounds more like a hormonal change or some sort of illness disrupting her health. She really must go and get some help. Also it's worth her disclosing all supplements and other products she is using, then you can go through them and see if there is something she started a few months ago that might be the culprit.

Yep I've told her countless times, I have said the same regarding hormones. I think a healthy balanced diet is what is essential here. I have asked for all of her supplements too.
I've actually suggested going to a dermatologist as she may well take their advice.
THANKYOU for your reply I have sent it too her as it echoed my thoughts xx :) have a lovely weekend x

Oh dear! This is a very tough one, but you must be very dedicated to be concerned and try to help her. Admittedly the red flags do go up when I hear the onslaught of "healthy treatments" she is going through. As mentioned already, even the most earnest and well-meaning people can lead people down a dangerous path. As many women have learned over time, washing and over-washing everything is not always healthy. She is putting her system into absolute chaos and her skin is simply answering for it.

There are lots of studies to prove these elimination and stripping diets can very much harm people. I have added a link at the bottom. However, I suspect she may be starry-eyed about these treatments and not want to hear your take on it.

What you can and must say is that you simply cannot promise or control these breakouts when she is taking things into her body which are proven to not only disrupt the system but can cause more than skin breakouts. You can still offer gentle treatments, but there is no way you can offer solutions if she is going to continue down her chosen path.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/colum...o-gluten-no-sugar-pitfalls-elimination-diets/

If she has decided she doesn't get on with either of your skincare ranges I'd just let her get on with it. I've had clients who will moan endlessly about their skin. They've done this that and the other and nothing works but they don't like the smell of my skin care or won't be guided so I just let them get on with it.

She may come back to you for skincare when she realises that boots otc products aren't curing it x

Latest posts

Back