Client with borderline disease

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emloots

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Posted this in the chit chat forum because it's not really nail specified. You maybe have all met clients like this in your profession.

But I have a client that suffers from borderline disease. Now, as the most of you might know, border-liners are mostly disturbed in their normal behaviour like variability in moods, are chaotic and unstable. etc. etc.

My client, when she takes her medicine, is pretty good to handle. But the last few appointments were a true horror. The nails were all wrong, while they looked the same as they always do (I always take pictures of every set of nails that I do, so I checked them). I offended her (which I didn't). She shouted at me because I cut her, which I also didn't, she ripped her cuticle a few days earlier and blamed me.

I know this can all be related to her disease but it is soooo difficult for me to cope with this. Because I am still so insecure about my work I deliver. But to continue, the complaints kept flying around my ears. Even a few days later she text d me with more complaints and that I was a horror among nail technicians.

Now her mother is also a returning customer and she rang me to let me tell my side of the story because her daughter came home in a rage after the appointment. I even felt a bit attacked by the mother, even though she knows about her daughters disease!

So here's the hard part; client booked an appointment for an infill but I don't think I want to continue with this, after 3 terrifying appointments.

So my question, have you ever experienced clients with this disease and if so how did you handled this? I mean she's my client for almost a year know and I don't want to lose her but if it keeps going like this I'm not sure we are able to keep a healthy "relationship".

Thanks in advance for reading.

XXX - Elvira

Last edited:
Hiya u poor thing I've never had a client with this but I have had experiences with this family member and I would say don't take this to heart she is obviously a poorly lady but you don't have to put up with it if you don't feel u want to now have you maybe thought about asking her mother to come along to the appointment with her I don't think it's unfair to ask this of her I think you should just say it like I'm wondering if it's possible for you to attend the next appointment as I feel it would benefit your daughter so she dosnt feel upset and you can see for yourself that I am doing the treatment correctly coz the last thing I would want is to upset your daughter.I'm my opinion any way I would go with my daughter if she had this Disese as it can be very trick for other people to cope with she may not be taking her medication correctly either. If you don't feel that you cam carry on with this client then don't you wouldn't be being horrible if you said no at the end of the day. You are not trained to cope with such Diseise if the client is having a bad day xxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya u poor thing I've never had a client with this but I have had experiences with this family member and I would say don't take this to heart she is obviously a poorly lady but you don't have to put up with it if you don't feel u want to now have you maybe thought about asking her mother to come along to the appointment with her I don't think it's unfair to ask this of her I think you should just say it like I'm wondering if it's possible for you to attend the next appointment as I feel it would benefit your daughter so she dosnt feel upset and you can see for yourself that I am doing the treatment correctly coz the last thing I would want is to upset your daughter.I'm my opinion any way I would go with my daughter if she had this Disese as it can be very trick for other people to cope with she may not be taking her medication correctly either. If you don't feel that you cam carry on with this client then don't you wouldn't be being horrible if you said no at the end of the day. You are not trained to cope with such Diseise if the client is having a bad day xxxxxxxxxxx

Awww thank you so much for replying and understanding! That is a great idea btw; asking her mother to join the appointment! Never thought of that! I can give that a try for her infill appointment and see how that goes! Thanks! xxxx

Your more than welcome it's worth a try I think maybe even book a double appointment for both I'm sure she will understand let me know how it goes good luck huni xxxxxxx

Em, when I was much younger I had a very abusive drunk client. After one particularly bad day with her, I insisted that management do something and I also insisted that she be banned from my book. It was just too emotionally stressful for me to deal with her irratic behavior and her abuse. Every time I saw her on my book, I literally felt ill.

I certainly feel that you have the right as a service provider to deny service to clients who act inappropriately or abusively.

Em, when I was much younger I had a very abusive drunk client. After one particularly bad day with her, I insisted that management do something and I also insisted that she be banned from my book. It was just too emotionally stressful for me to deal with her irratic behavior and her abuse. Every time I saw her on my book, I literally felt ill.

I certainly feel that you have the right as a service provider to deny service to clients who act inappropriately or abusively.

Thank you for your reply and sharing your experience, what a nightmare that must have been! And after such a client a workday doesn't end when I close the door of my salon. Keeps on going through my head figuring if there was something I did to trigger her.

But you're right, I find it just really hard to "deny" her, I think you know what I mean. But if this keeps on going I certainly will.

Em, I know it's hard because, after all, she is a client. But the bottom line is, is she an abusive client? If she is, you need to take your best interest to heart.

Sometimes it's better to set a client free.

Well that's a bit of a problem, when she takes her medicine she's a nice client and we have lovely chats. But if she doesn't........

But you're right, I'll give it one more shot, and if that doesn't improve things I'll let her go.

Latest posts

Back