Client with cancer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SabrinaD

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Was wondering if any of you could give me some advise.

My mum has put me into contact with a colleague of hers who has cancer. The lady would like me to do Creative acrylic nail enhacements for her on a regular basis.

Can anyone please let me know if it is ok to go ahead and do this? Could there be any complications when having chemo or Radiotherapy. Or should I just recommend Manicures.

I am a newly qualified VTCT technician and want to make sure I give the lady all the correct info.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanking you in advance.

Sabrina

It would be best for your client to check with her doctor first. I did a manicure on a client who was just about to start chemo. I can't remember the ins and outs of her medical history but basically her body was now killing off any new cells. Therefore I had to forego the massage as the stimulation would have increased the lymph flow and cell production which would have been bad for her.

This is a contra-indication which needs medical approval before you can proceed. If the hospital won't supply a letter than you can now just get her to sign her consultation form to confirm she has been given the go ahead by her doctor.

Also. some of those meds can play havoc with the health of the natural nail and could affect the preformance of your enhancements.

You have to be extremely careful when they are going through chemo, any even slight infection they catch would be extremely dangerous to their immune system, my aunty had breast cancer last year and was told she should definatly not have anything like that done.Hollie
-x-

Thanks for the advice.

Have been having a read through other people threads regarding the situation and am now even more confused as different people seem to think different things.

Am trying to get hold of Cancer Backup at the moment so hopefully they will be able to give me further advise, meanwhile and further information would be greatly appreaciated.

Sabrina

Latest posts

Back