Client woke up with a swollen eye!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodiex

Reaction score
I patch tested for both fast drying and sensitive glues but neither caused and irritation or anything, so used the fast drying last night and this morning she has just text saying she's woke up with a swollen eye? What do I do?! Ahhhhh.. Go round as take them off immediately? I haven't seen what it looks like?
Thi has never happened before?!

Abhhhhhh xx

I patch tested for both fast drying and sensitive glues but neither caused and irritation or anything, so used the fast drying last night and this morning she has just text saying she's woke up with a swollen eye? What do I do?! Ahhhhh.. Go round as take them off immediately? I haven't seen what it looks like?
Thi has never happened before?!

Abhhhhhh xx

When this happened to my client, I sent her to pharmacy first and then asked her to contact her GP just to see what he advises first. Don't remove until she's spoken to her doc. It may calm down though as my clients was constantly having reactions just never told me! She only told me when she woke up with really bad swelling! X

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

She said she stopped having them done because she got an eye infection on one, this was with a different girl. It won't be that repeating itself will it? She goes on holiday tomorrow! Need the swelling gone haha xx

She said she stopped having them done because she got an eye infection on one, this was with a different girl. It won't be that repeating itself will it? She goes on holiday tomorrow! Need the swelling gone haha xx

It may take a day or two to go away. Even if you remove the lashes, the swelling will be there for a while. It could be gone by tomorrow though. It's quite scary when it happens but I would definitely send her to pharmacy they may offer her some antihistamines x

This is her eye! Ahhh xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365065682.205125.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365065682.205125.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 466
It may take a day or two to go away. Even if you remove the lashes, the swelling will be there for a while. It could be gone by tomorrow though. It's quite scary when it happens but I would definitely send her to pharmacy they may offer her some antihistamines x

Why is it only on one eye? Why is it jot both eyes? Surely if one side of her face was allergic then the other side would be too? Meh xx

Maybe she slept on that eye? Or rubbed it in her sleep. Could be that maybe she used some product. It doesn't look too bad. My eyes look like that when I get my allergy attacks. I haven't worked out what causes them to look like this though - it could be an allergy to the fumes of the glue, hayfever or my cat lol.

When my client had that reaction , I found she immediately had applied some cream on her eyes, I caught her doing so straight after so I'm guessing it could have been a mixture of things, did she get any other facial/eye treatments done that day? Maybe a mixture of chemicals could have caused this?

You are better off removing them though just in case and I hope someone will come along with more advice as well xxx

I'd take these off immediately. Contact your insurance, I'm sure they'd advise you to do the same.

I would also remove them....while shes on holiday she may not have access to anyone who can remove them asap if needed.

What has caused this :(? Xx
She had been at work all day, she's a nail tech so no other treatments xx

(If it had happened to me I'd have just took some antihistamine and then see if it goes down within 24 hrs)
... but I would tell a client to go to gp !!!

I keep asking when can I come and remove them, and she replied that she's full with clients all day and hea just going to keep them on and get some remover from the wholesalers incase they get worse on holiday?! Whattttt? meh, Also do I refund get or anything xx

As you have asked her to see you and she is refusing to have them removed you now do NOTHING.

NO refund, you offered to look at the situation and do what you feel is the correct thing (remove) but she has decided she doesn't want to take your professional advice and is refusing removal (even if this is because she is busy - her health obviously doesn't mean enough to her to make the time to see you).

Contact your insurance provider and advise them of the situation you have found yourself in and ask their advice on how to proceed should she decide to make something of it at a later date.

As you have asked her to come to you and she is refusing to come for removal you now do NOTHING.

NO refund, you offered to look at the situation and do what you feel is the correct thing (remove) but she has decided she doesn't want to take your professional advice and is refusing removal (even if this is because she is busy - her health obviously doesn't mean enough to her to make the time to see you).

Contact your insurance provider and advise them of the situation you have found yourself in and ask their advice on how to proceed should she decide to make something of it at a later date.

Shall do! I just hope nothing worse happens on holiday, she sys it's calming down and the reason she doesn't want them off is because she loves them (they did need a brush in that picture however!) but still she should have them removed! It's making me feel awful! I've never had this before! Xx

Shall do! I just hope nothing worse happens on holiday, she sys it's calming down and the reason she doesn't want them off is because she loves them (they did need a brush in that picture however!) but still she should have them removed! It's making me feel awful! I've never had this before! Xx

Don't worry yourself. After doing a lot of online research when this happened to my client I found that the swelling does go down within 48 hours.
I wouldn't refund either ad you've done everything by the book x
It could have been caused by the dust from doing nail, or you may have slightly scratched the eyeball with the tape if you used one.
Either way she has refused your offer to rectify the situation so mustn't be that bad x and of course inform your insurance for your own peace of mind x

Don't worry about it too much. You have done all the correct things. You did patch tests for both glues and there were no reactions do how were you to know this was going to happen? You've offered to look at them, advised her to see the GP and advised her to come on for removal. There is nothing more you can say or do?

As the others have said call your insurance so that its all logged with them on your record and ask their advice. I'm not sure there is anything else they can advice you to do though as you have done it all xx

You need to be very careful with removal. I'm a lash tech who is also allergic to lashes and its now only one eye(was two when it first happened) but I found out to my horror I'm more allergic to the remover, my eyes looked just like the picture you have but once I removed them I woke up the next day looking like the elephant women so please be careful xx

Thank you all for your responses! Don't feel as worried now :) I know she has used remover before - well had them removed and she was okay with that brand :) xx

Def report to your insurance and write this on her consultation form with dates etc and what has been said etc ...
I wouldn't worry - you have asked her to come back the rest is her choice ... X x

Although obvs her eye is swollen, Am a hair geek and love her lashes, Sorry just had to say :)

Latest posts

Back