Clients and changing their appointment on the day of the tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siennax1

Reaction score
:mad:

Sorry I'm having a moan. Does it annoy you when a client has an appointment booked, only to let you know on the day of their tan that they want you to come at a different time!!! I have other appointments and also a life!!:rolleyes: Well that's happend, and even though I'm quiet today, I have said I have other appointments so can only make it at the original time arranged. This is because I don't want them to get in the habit of last minute re-arraning in the future. I have also had to turn someone away as they wanted this time. :cry: In the past I have bent over backwards, but they just take the P

I can see thats very annoying, when u have ur day planned and they think you're just sat at home waiting for their appointment!

I charge people a cancellation fee if they completely cancel the appoointment and i do that on a sliding scale e.g. less than 24hrs notcie is 100% fee, 24-48 hrs is 50% and so on.

xx

Yes, it is very annoying!

Had a girl call me today 5 mins past her appointment time to say she won't manage today but has booked for next week. She is a new client so I always try and bend over backwards like you say.

If she cancels next week I wont be taking her booking again. :mad:

It is worse when you are doing a rep visit 300miles away and someone cancels 20mins before the meeting because at that stage I am normally in the car park just down the road. Even worse is when you get there and the place is shut with no explanation at all.

When I visit I always try to arrive at the destination early and go though the door 5mins before. The beauty industry is an appointment based business and I am really aware that when a therapist books time to see me she could have been seeing a client.

I think, Jo, you should ring the day before or early the morning of appointment to confirm meeting.... save you the hassle of a wasted journey (I do this all the time in my 'other' job!):hug:

I think, Jo, you should ring the day before or early the morning of appointment to confirm meeting.... save you the hassle of a wasted journey (I do this all the time in my 'other' job!):hug:
Good idea, but I do this and it has still happened to me.

it drives me mad, i emailed a girl who is unreliable yesterday (a week before her appointment as she booked for 3 people) only to be told no ta, we need it the day after and you said it was your birthday so wasnt working!!! I have ended up saying yes to working on my birthday in order to provide her and friends with a tan! why book the day before in the first place, plus I have turned other clients down because she was booked in!!! arghh, never mind its only 3 tans and all in same place so not like its too much of a nightmare. I am thinking about charging cancellation fees but dont know if its a good idea. most of the time its friends that let me down because they know they can get away with it but at the moment i need the money as i have 4 family birthdays plus sisters engagement party on sat. ooooh anyway told my friend if she cancels tonight i will not be happy!!!

Yes it is difficult, I'm not sure about charging a cancellation fee as I wonder how it will work with regards to me being mobile?

I do worry about not bending over backwards as obviously I want their custom, but at the same time I can't afford to get messed around by clients:eek:

x x

It is worse when you are doing a rep visit 300miles away and someone cancels 20mins before the meeting because at that stage I am normally in the car park just down the road. Even worse is when you get there and the place is shut with no explanation at all.

When I visit I always try to arrive at the destination early and go though the door 5mins before. The beauty industry is an appointment based business and I am really aware that when a therapist books time to see me she could have been seeing a client.
That would REALLY p*** me off!
How can someone who works in a salon be so inconsiderate? we know what it's like to be in the receiving end if a client cancels at short notice, so really shouldn't do it to a rep!!
Anyway, respect to you Jo, I couldn't do your job, all that driving would send me nuts, I'd probably fall asleep at the wheel.

Latest posts

Back