Clients arriving with colds and sickness bugs!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeakydee

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everyone elses take was on clients arriving for nail and beauty treatments with bad colds and bugs etc?

Most of my clients know I have a child with health problems and also that I am booked in for surgery next saturday for my gallbladder to be removed. BUT, two ladies have arrived for their appointments today, both for nails, one apologising for her strearming nose and the other saying she had been up all night with diarrhea!

What makes it worse is that I work from home, so all these people's bugs potentially are being passed onto my son who has a bad time with his immune system.

They just don't seem to care at all!

Does anyone else have a problem with this? I'm starting to wonder if I should put something polite in my brochures and on my website!!

Thanks for allowinbg me to vent! (again!)

xx:twisted::twisted:

I think you should! It's bad enough for ppl that don't have kids being subjected to snot and bugs! Usually my clients phone to re arrange thank god as I'd have a hard time not asking them to leave if they turned up sniffing and coughing! I def think your clients need to be aware of your son and be abit more sensitive to it :) x

It is one of my bug bares turning up to client to find them with a cold or bug. Really annoys me but saying that i dont let a cold stop me going to a client.

This is a catch 22 situation.

I don't really want clients with colds and sore throats coming in for their treatments.

But I also don't want them to phone me up on the morning to cancel.

Personally I would take them with their colds and do my best to protect myself with medicinal products like First Defence.

I hope your op goes well.

Jacqui xx

You are at risk from these bugs all the time and may not know it. Good hand hygiene will go some way to protect against catching the germs. But in your situation I would feel the same.

Saying that, I get quite annoyed when people turn up for work with bugs. I send them home wherever possible, to reduce the risk of the sickness merry go round that then seems to happen.

Its quite funny you post this actually...
I caught the flu about two weeks ago and had so many bookings.
I text everyone to let them know and majority rescheduled. However one woman text me before I managed to text her and asked me if I was still ok to do her nails as she couldnt wait, I then text her back letting her know I had the flu and if she didnt mind I would still come. She then text me back quite a funny text saying that she would rather not see me as she isnt well either and doesnt want to make her cold worse.
I find it quite rude that if I hadnt of text her letting her know I wasnt well she would have happily let me go round to her and possibly contract her bug :|
I will always let my clients know if Im ill etc however they obviously dont do the same and by the time you show up you feel bad to say no lol x

Personally I would take them with their colds and do my best to protect myself with medicinal products like First Defence.

Jacqui xx

This is what I do, as unfortunately they do turn up with colds/coughs/worse and I think if I asked them to leave they probably would. Permanently. And I wouldn't want that!

I use First Defence up my nose and Chloraseptic throat spray obv on my throat and fingers crossed it does the trick most of the time.

I so hope you haven't contracted anything from them, it is very rude to turn up sneezing etc.

If the boot is on the other foot (and I have a cold but feel OK to work), I call my clients that day and warn them, and give them the option of rebooking. s

I personally have taken people with colds etc, just because i think well itll build my immune system and if i cancel i could be served at a shop or walk down the road and catch that persons cold anyway so..
I would personally make it clear to clients of any surgery coming up which meant i couldnt get a cold, just incase they turn up with the flu or something!

I went to do a clients nails and she had the snots and cough and sore throat which she didnt make me aware of so I felt very comfortable in tieing my jumper around my face and did her nails for 1 and a half hours like it lmao.xx

I went to do a clients nails and she had the snots and cough and sore throat which she didnt make me aware of so I felt very comfortable in tieing my jumper around my face and did her nails for 1 and a half hours like it lmao.xx

Lol I laughed out loud at this, so funny. Serious? What did she say? :p

Lol I laughed out loud at this, so funny. Serious? What did she say? :p

I'm being deadly serious lol I just tied it round didn't explain myself and got on eith the job at hand lol.she laughted very nervously lol.xx

I'm being deadly serious lol I just tied it round didn't explain myself and got on eith the job at hand lol.she laughted very nervously lol.xx

Lmao brilliant!! :Love:

I use the kind of face masks you find dentists wear, if a client has a cold etc that they haven't told me about before hand :)

I have right to protect myself and my family from other peoples germs.

I was just wondering what everyone elses take was on clients arriving for nail and beauty treatments with bad colds and bugs etc?

Most of my clients know I have a child with health problems and also that I am booked in for surgery next saturday for my gallbladder to be removed. BUT, two ladies have arrived for their appointments today, both for nails, one apologising for her strearming nose and the other saying she had been up all night with diarrhea!

What makes it worse is that I work from home, so all these people's bugs potentially are being passed onto my son who has a bad time with his immune system.

They just don't seem to care at all!

Does anyone else have a problem with this? I'm starting to wonder if I should put something polite in my brochures and on my website!!

Thanks for allowinbg me to vent! (again!)

xx:twisted::twisted:

Poor you, its like when you shopping in town and people start coughing all over not even covering there mouth!
I have ME so my immune system is terrible, i only do friends and family at the moment so they all no if they have something do not come round so i dont no what id do if i were you, guess just dettol like mad when they have gone. Por you though, it drives me mad when people dont think x:(

If I have a bad cold I will use a pink face mask with tissue inside.
It does annoy me when clients turn up with bugs,bad coughs and colds but I don't turn them away unless I feel the treatments not good for them ie massage and colds don't mix generally.
I wish I could turn them away politely but I generally just do the treatment whilst taking extra care after they have left with anti bac on everything they've touched and my hands.
The thing is if you get on a bus or in a taxi or go into a shop, you're mixing with these people so I think generally as long as you take all necessary precautions then that's really all we can do. Unless of course you can afford to lose clients and business.

Not great but I can't afford to pick and choose really.:sad:

Poor you, its like when you shopping in town and people start coughing all over not even covering there mouth!
I have ME so my immune system is terrible, i only do friends and family at the moment so they all no if they have something do not come round so i dont no what id do if i were you, guess just dettol like mad when they have gone. Por you though, it drives me mad when people dont think x:(

I have ME too and it drives me mad when clients arrive with colds, coughs and viruses. Have thought in the past about getting a face mask and maybe now I will.

Would love to have a sign asking clients not too come when ill, however, have no idea how to word it so it doesn't cause offence.

I use Chloraseptic throat spray, First Defence, and anti bacterial handwash/wipes/sprays too.

Good luck with the gallbladder removal, I had mine removed 2 years ago after suffering for many many years, you'll be able to eat anything you want again :) xx

Latest posts

Back