Clients changed mind on colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShyChell

Reaction score
Hi. Yesterday I did a client with tip/acrylic overlay with gel polish. In Scarlet Red. I asked at the time if she liked the colour. She said yes.

Today I get a text saying she was not happy with the colour and can I change it for Blue Velvet Rope. (NSI Polish Pro) I saw her eying it up when I was applying the red.
However she wants it for FREE.
I cannot soak off the colour as I don't want to damage the structure of the acrylic. So it's filing all the way. I'm
Thinking of charging for the colour and my time. What you think or am I being unreasonable.

Hi. Yesterday I did a client with tip/acrylic overlay with gel polish. In Scarlet Red. I asked at the time if she liked the colour. She said yes.

Today I get a text saying she was not happy with the colour and can I change it for Blue Velvet Rope. (NSI Polish Pro) I saw her eying it up when I was applying the red.
However she wants it for FREE.
I cannot soak off the colour as I don't want to damage the structure of the acrylic. So it's filing all the way. I'm
Thinking of charging for the colour and my time. What you think or am I being unreasonable.

I would charge

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely charge.
How much do you charge for soak off? I would charge same sort of price for buff off - it is more effect for you after all!
And then charge price of a normal nail paint.

Laura xx

Yes thank you ladies. After all. Time is money xx

For free? What a joke lol definitely charge it's her problem that she doesn't like a colour a day later and it's her choice to now want another one. Always charge if a client suddenly changes their mind about a colour even if they change their mind straight away. Like you said time is money and so is product x

Felicity xx

Definitely charge. I've had this happen to me before. So annoying

Well it's a bit like going to a hair salon and asking for red but regretting it and wanting blonde the next day, Tough!!

What a cheek 🙊 !! Lol I would defo charge her and say that if you choose to change the colour it will be normal price i wouldn't even give her a discount !! X

Deffo charge, no question about it. You could discount a little for the fact that you wont need to PEP the nails beforehand, but asking for it for FREE is just a cheek!
x

No no no do NOT do it for free at all. You let her get away with it once and you have set a presidency for other clients. I have one client who tried her luck I did it once and guess what she done it to me again.

This woman must pay full nsi pro polish overlay cost end of story. If she doesn't like colour then paint nails in nail polish untill her next appointment if she doesn't like it then she must pay full price.

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back