Clients getting 'dry' nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
I use gellux and have always found it really great but...

I've never had any problems before this but since Xmas my clients are gradually all getting 'dry' nails :/
They look a little discoloured and go really brittle and flakey at the free edge.
They aren't thin, I haven't over buffed or anything.
My clients all insist they follow aftercare advice and if it was just one client I would question it but is becoming the majority :(

What am I doing wrong?!? Xx

I don't use gellux, but since no one has commented I thought I'd throw in my two cents. If this was a shellac question I would say its one of two things: not using solar oil frequently and regularly or aggressive removal. Are any of these clients pickers? That's the only other cause I can think of.

Does your system have nail conditioners that nourish the nail prior to applying the gellux? Are your ladies genuinely applying cuticle/solar oil at least twice a day ?

If ladies have their hair coloured they expect to use conditioners, its the same for nails. If they are going to have a colour then they need to understand that they needed to be following their aftercare instructions which means they have to condition their nails ...

How is your product cured? Beneath a UV lamp or an LED lamp? I only ask this because now that Bio Sculpture Gel, has also become LED curable it has meant that extra colour pigmentation has been applied to their gels which can result in nails becoming drier. Therefore we have to ensure that we apply nourishing treatments directly after soak off & other processes too just prior to re-applying the gels..

So if your clients simply dont apply the recommended nail conditioners etc then they will run into trouble...

I use gellux and have always found it really great but...

I've never had any problems before this but since Xmas my clients are gradually all getting 'dry' nails :/
They look a little discoloured and go really brittle and flakey at the free edge.
They aren't thin, I haven't over buffed or anything.
My clients all insist they follow aftercare advice and if it was just one client I would question it but is becoming the majority :(

What am I doing wrong?!? Xx

I've been using Gellux since July last year and on myself and clients! Only ever had this problem on myself when I pick (I know!!!) or if my clients have been picking or nibbling! Every other client still has lovely healthy nails each and every time the Gellux is removed. I also find my nails are a bit yellow and I think it's the fast bond! Always seems to be when I've left it on for 3 or 4 weeks, never noticed it on any clients though xx

Thanks for all the input, it's really helped :)
I think I went into panic mode today as a couple of my regular clients have now had this issue but I have now discovered one is more stressed recently so has started picking and the other has been on a cleaning frenzy!
I must stop panicking but these things always seen to come in patches and make me panic,

I also know only a small portion of my ladies use any oil at all let alone as much as they should.
Time to get strict!!!

Thank you all, was the advice I needed and pointed a few things that I'd not considered too :) xxx

I'm so happy you got it sorted out and realized that it wasn't something you were doing. I think it's good that we look at what we're doing first when there's an issue, but then if you know you're doing what you should, then put the responsibility on the client.

Latest posts

Back