Client's kids!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was once at a aunts doing her hair when her friend turned up and asked if I had time to cut get hair too. I said yes and was getting on with it. I heard a bang and turned around to find my bag and its contents on the floor (her child had pulled it off my aunts big dinning table)
I told her that was naughty and she could of been hurt and her mum laughed :/
Yes she laughed and said 'oh kids will be kids'
I then realised the cheeky little girl had taken the chocolate out of my bag (that I had picked up for my partner) and began eating it.
I pointed this out to her mum who just ignored me.
After I had finished she paid me then tried to offer me a packet of open milky buttons to replace my big bar of cadburys her daughter had eaten.
Pure ignorance!

I was once at a aunts doing her hair when her friend turned up and asked if I had time to cut get hair too. I said yes and was getting on with it. I heard a bang and turned around to find my bag and its contents on the floor (her child had pulled it off my aunts big dinning table)
I told her that was naughty and she could of been hurt and her mum laughed :/
Yes she laughed and said 'oh kids will be kids'
I then realised the cheeky little girl had taken the chocolate out of my bag (that I had picked up for my partner) and began eating it.
I pointed this out to her mum who just ignored me.
After I had finished she paid me then tried to offer me a packet of open milky buttons to replace my big bar of cadburys her daughter had eaten.
Pure ignorance!

Oh my god! Iv had similar to this, kids going through my handbag taking out all my money etc.. & parents say nothing! Makes my blood boil.. Not only that but its hard to cut hair and watch a child at the same time.
I can't believe she ate the chocolate u bought for your partner!! I would of been fuuumingggg :|

Oh my god! Iv had similar to this, kids going through my handbag taking out all my money etc.. & parents say nothing! Makes my blood boil.. Not only that but its hard to cut hair and watch a child at the same time.
I can't believe she ate the chocolate u bought for your partner!! I would of been fuuumingggg :|

I was fuming, I was even more annoyed when her mum thought she could replace my unopened chocolate with a half eaten packet of milky buttons. As if! Xx

A stylist I know was working on a client who had brought their young son with them. The mother wasn't paying attention to the son, and he picked up a razor comb, thinking it was a comb, and tried to comb his hair with it. Fortunately he wasn't hurt, but he did give himself a kind of reverse-mohawk.

My college had a strict policy that children could only be present in the salon with their parents there to supervise them, and anyone, child or not, who was not receiving a service had to be in the waiting area. Grown adults can be just as bad as children, it's sad to say. :/

Ah so many experiences with this...

I do lash extensions mobile and My worst exp was last week, I was at a clients house, doing a set of lashes, when first, I had her dog run in with my ugg boot in his mouth, which fortunately i managed to wrestle it off him.., and then later on the dog was making funny chewing noises, I thought he was chewing on his bone, but nooo... he managed to grab one of my eyelash glues out of my box, which I had hidden behind me, out of his sight. He chewed the bottle, so the whole pot of ,BLACK semi perm glue was on my clients newish carpet, and obvs abit in his mouth! I wanted to cry, owner was in other room whole time, I was doing her friends lashes, so she was not watching her dog, or had it locked away! I am mobile at their convinience, I can't watch their children or dogs when I am concentrating on lashes. I didn't notice the dog even go past me to my box. You would not have a dog running around in the salon, so why is it ok when I come to them..

Lucky thing is, her carpet was fortunately black, and after owner scrubbing for abit and using my remover it faded in :S
Arghhh, I just kept thinking if it was anyone else, with a different colour carpet, she could of blamed me.

Day after I had an 18month old screaming her head off the whole hour I was doing the mothers lashes, I was pretty much running up and down babysitting whilst mother couldn't do anything as her eyes were shut. And no one else in house to help!

Iv had ladies children climbing all over my massage bed before, and shaking the bed.

Rocking a newborn baby to sleep in a car seat with my foot in a really difficult position whilst doing lashes.

Obvs little things like running to get peoples phones, answering them, replying to texts, answering the door for them, etc are all things that delay my time and take my focus of what I am supposed to be doing.

Some people...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

i haven't had clients kids yet but i wouldn't take mine to a salon its time for me too relax and other people in the salon may want to relax not listen to my children going on and on because they're bored .

Ah so many experiences with this...

I do lash extensions mobile and My worst exp was last week, I was at a clients house, doing a set of lashes, when first, I had her dog run in with my ugg boot in his mouth, which fortunately i managed to wrestle it off him.., and then later on the dog was making funny chewing noises, I thought he was chewing on his bone, but nooo... he managed to grab one of my eyelash glues out of my box, which I had hidden behind me, out of his sight. He chewed the bottle, so the whole pot of ,BLACK semi perm glue was on my clients newish carpet, and obvs abit in his mouth! I wanted to cry, owner was in other room whole time, I was doing her friends lashes, so she was not watching her dog, or had it locked away! I am mobile at their convinience, I can't watch their children or dogs when I am concentrating on lashes. I didn't notice the dog even go past me to my box. You would not have a dog running around in the salon, so why is it ok when I come to them..

Lucky thing is, her carpet was fortunately black, and after owner scrubbing for abit and using my remover it faded in :S
Arghhh, I just kept thinking if it was anyone else, with a different colour carpet, she could of blamed me.

Day after I had an 18month old screaming her head off the whole hour I was doing the mothers lashes, I was pretty much running up and down babysitting whilst mother couldn't do anything as her eyes were shut. And no one else in house to help!

Iv had ladies children climbing all over my massage bed before, and shaking the bed.

Rocking a newborn baby to sleep in a car seat with my foot in a really difficult position whilst doing lashes.

Obvs little things like running to get peoples phones, answering them, replying to texts, answering the door for them, etc are all things that delay my time and take my focus of what I am supposed to be doing.

Some people...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I wouldn't blame the dog id blame the owner. Mines friendly and likes to be around people, and its his house too so he won't ever get locked up, but iv taken the responsibility to teach him unless it is passed to him its not his. Kids eating sat on the floor get scared he will take their dinner, but your perfectly safe to put anything down without him touching (he might go and look though).
There are too many people with dogs who blame the dog for bad behaviour, when really its their own fault for not showing them what's theirs and what's not. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back