Client's nails fell off within hours please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_miss_me

Reaction score
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me as im feeling a bit upset today and wonder what i have done wrong with this set of gel nail extensions.
After reading a few good posts on the pro impression tips i purchased some the other day to try and cut out the blending time and i used them on a client yesterday, they went on really well didnt have to blend much and then i did an overlay with nsi gel which i always use.

Then today i got a phone call to say all her nails had fallenl off in the evening i asked her how they fell of she said she was taking something out of the oven and one nail fell off and then they all just fell off through out the evening. and they have all fell off in the same place straight across the middle she said. i just done understand how nails xcan just fall off ??
I asked her to call in for me to look at her nails and i will apply a new set as i want my clients to be happy.

I just want to no what i have done wrong as other people seem to get on well with pro tips, i did everything as normal i did a good prep and the nail glue is new and i used it on other clients and its been fine so i no its not the glue. the tips do feel alot thinner than other tips i have used. i did contact one of my clients who also had the pro tips on yesterday and her nails hadnt fallen off but she said they didnt feel as strong as i normally do so i have redone them today and she says they feel so much better

can anyone help or has anyone else had problems using these tips?

thanks geeks in advance xx

As you have said they all fell off at the middle point it sounds like an apex problem,
this where they will break if the apex is not strong enough hth

was it a new client? an had they really just "fell off" i had a lady who told me all her acrylics just floated to the top of the water when she washed up . . couldn't see at all she'd picked them off!! i use NSI gels but not had any trouble at all, not used those nail tips tho.

Falling off means broken right? This sounds a tad suspect to me that ALL, each and every nail tip should break off.

If they genuinely have, then it is a question of the nails not being built strong enough at the apex of the enhancement as Louise mentions, but ALL of them?? Hmmm!!

As for the tips being thin and felxible ... once the overlay is on the tip the client should not really notice this and it should be a benefit to them ...

Don't give clients ammunition by telling them too much about your business .... in my experience, they use any info on new products as an excuse to come back at you if anything happens. If you try new things, my advice is to go about your business and use them quietly without saying too much.

Last edited:
Pro Impression tips are very thin and flexible, which is why so many people love them. They are after all just a canvas for the product you use, and the product is the strength .Therefore you need to make sure you are applying anough product on to them for strength.
If you have been using more rigid tips before and a thinner overlay of product, then you need to adjust this. These thinner tips require more product. HTH

thanks geeks for all your advise i appriciate it, the part i wrote about the nails breaking in the middle is wrong i ment to say across the top, but mabe its because i didnt apply enough gel but i didnt apply anyless than i normally would with other tips i use ive never ever experienced this problem, i might give them another try and apply more product and see how i get on.

but i am still confussed of how all the nails fell off hmmmm :rolleyes:

Well I'm sure they didn't and the client is embroidering the story a bit to get a new full set.

Thinner tips require a thicker overlay as izzi so rightly pointed out ... makes sense doesn't it? Thinner tips plus a thicker overlay to compensate equals more strength.

ive had nails snap off at the smile line area - infact 3 have snapped off today - and it was my own doing - it wernt strong enough flower - plus the fact that i smashed then against a wall

Latest posts

Back