Clients struggling with new CND LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjacko77

Reaction score
I'm having real probs with clients putting their hands in the correct position in the lamp! They can't work out where their fingers go & often bash their thumb nails up trying to get their hands in I'm finding I'm having to position their hands for them the best I can.
Anyone else having issues?!

I'm telling them to keep their thumb in and make sure they line up their middle finger properly first then gently move the others out to find the indents. This is doing the trick so far. Only had one thumb knock before this and realised I'd have to just mention it each time until they get used to it.

It will just take a couple of goes and they will be fine. Good advice jigily. I've fiund not explaining what to do works best, as they tend to overthink the placement when I do! Thank goodness we can see in from the other side and check what they are up to. [emoji6]

I'm doing a short training session before each client and warning them that the gap is actually smaller than it looks because of the missing top part. I've also realised it's better to let them put their hand in before I press the button so they are not rushing or panicking. With the original lamp there was a slight delay before the bulbs actually came on after pressing the button so they felt they had time, now it's quicker to light up.

Thanks guys.
I'm also finding where the power connects underneath keeps coming out slightly & cutting off. Also the wire gets in the way also!

Thanks guys.
I'm also finding where the power connects underneath keeps coming out slightly & cutting off. Also the wire gets in the way also!

Yes it does! On both counts. I'm tempted to put some duct tape over the connector on the bottom to keep it in, and a bit to keep it over to one side in the groove. I have a little heart attack every time thinking it's blown :eek:

I'm also considering making a blanking plate for the back, I work on top of the lamp, it keeps my clients hands in one place, either in or on the lamp so less chance for knocking, smudging, etc. but the blue light is hindering my vision and I can't see what I'm doing as well as I would like .

I have a plan in mind to make a silver foil wrapped plate to tuck in the back and see if it helps

Last edited:
I've pushed my connecting lead in a bit further so it clicks & then it doesn't pop out!!

Having a few issues with the lamp :(

1. Loose connection with the wire - It's my 2nd lamp, the first kept crackling.

2. Not enough room to work on top of the lamp without the blue light making it hard to see (as mentioned above).

3. Clients knocking thumbs.. Not sure why but seems it's common problem, perhaps my hands are just small...

4. The lamp starting straight away, those few seconds waiting for clients to adjust their hand into lamp kinda defeats the lamp being quicker as you have to wait to get on with the other hand..

5. Other than that I do love the lamp, I'd say it's knocked 5 minutes off a full set, none of the faults are major but just a little feedback and I'll obviously contact S2 about the loose connection though.

I've had two clients (who've never had problems before) have nails peel with the new lamp. I'm assuming it's down to incorrect finger placement.

How it can be wrong, I don't know as I think it's very straight forward.

My lamp also seems to short out if I move it even slightly whilst switched on.

I've had a few teething problems at first but am doing what Trinity suggest and having a little trial first. I tell clients to keep their fingers together until they are in then gently spread out in order to find the dips - it's worked a treat.

I've put a little bit of duck tape over the wire underneath, sorted the wire moving problem. I swap the lamp from side to side so it was very annoying before but its amazing what a little tape will do for your sanity.

I love, love, love my new lamp and haven't given my "old dog" of a one a second thought - good ridden's to bad rubbish, I say!

Karaxxx

I have to be honest I'm starting to wish I never brought it now. I hate it!
I too get the crackling & keep worrying it's going to blow up. We shouldn't have to use duct tape, it should be made right in the first place! The channels they've made for the wire are completely in the wrong place. And feet!! I've completely now given up using it for feet as I spend more time correcting the mess that's been made by people knocking their toes. Every single client I've used on feet struggles.
I'm so disappointed that I've been robbed of so much money for something that's not been thought through properly.

i'll be honest, i think cnd are getting their lamps made somewhere cheap for more profit margin. not that ive got the led lamp, but have had countless problems with the normal one and even now the lamp is ok the wire keeps falling out the back every time i move it. they sent me a new lead and it still does it. very disappointing from a top of the range lamp. my clients just laugh now and know why ive got the lead sellotaped in. doesnt look good on the brand though.

I've had to stop using mine, having several issues with it, so disappointed.

I'm waiting to get one till they work out the bumps with it.

Do you think they will change the faults with this lamp??

Well reading all this has seriously put me off getting one? I spoke to a few girls in collage who have said about under curing! Eeek! You would expect Cnd lamps to be one of the best!

I must be lucky as ive not had a problem with any of my lamp not my uv or led and my clients are loving the new lamp with the quicker times

Well I was gonna purchase the new lamp but have been reading for a while all the problems with it and it double the price of the old one so until the problems have been sorted I'm not buying it. I'm very disappointed to hear about all this. S2 hurry up and sort out the problems so I can buy a new one please x

Can't say I've had a problem with the new lamp. I'm finding clients'nails aren't knocking or smudging because they can actually see where they're putting their hands now - the UV lamp you couldn't see inside as well. The cable doesn't fall out of mine when moved, maybe I'm just lucky! Xxx

Latest posts

Back