Clients turning up late!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyndsey77

Reaction score
Hi just want to know what everyone does when I client turns up late??

we have a client that comes in every week for her hair doing, at the same time 12 and she is always 15min late so we started putting her in at 12.20 then she's still late... her daughter brings her and she is so rude if we say anything about her being late.. we are trying to catch up every Thursday because the lady has put us behind..

Any tips please... Thank you

Hiya, book her in a 11:45, you know she'll be be late anyway so carry on with other clients as usual and then when she's "late" at 12:00 she'll really be on time for you x

Are you always ready for her at the appt. time or does she sometimes have to wait whilst her stylist finishes of her previous client?

I'm just wondering if she's being deliberately late to minimise her having to hang around?

When you gave her an extra 15 mins, did you tell her you were booking a later slot?

You do need to ensure that her lateness doesn't affect other clients though or you will lose them. Can a junior finish her service (blow dry?) if she's late to prevent it impacting on the other clients?

She's never kept waiting because we're always waiting for her to come in... We have Tried both booking her in later without telling her and something's it works and then we told her we was booking her in later and she still came late... We can't win and she will only let one lady do her hair so no, none else can help out.. Just going to have to tell her that if we have other clients that come on time she will have to wait. ( and get a mouth full from the daughter )

Oh that's awful hun, I really feel for you as you must feel like screaming at the mother and daughter. I can't think of anything else which may help other than being polite but blunt with them both telling them that if they're late again their appointment will be cancelled as you have other clients who are being delayed, hopefully she may get angry and leave for good (not good to lose a client but a lot less agro) x chin up xx

Thanks everyone think I'm just going to be blunt and say look you can't be late its not right on other clients that are on time!! and just hope she doesn't loose plot in shop lol xx thanks again

You are welcome hun, sorry I can't be much more help. Would be amusing to see her lose the plot though lol. Good luck xx

I have around 3 ladies that are ALWAYS late so I just book them in 15 mins before I need them . Got sick of my own voice asking them to be on time

So if I need them there at 12 I book them in at 11.45 - Works for me as they always come at 12 :)

x

That's what I first said lol x

Just tell her her if she chooses to come late that's her problem, she allocated 45minutes of your time no more, no less and she can do as she pleases with that time and the 45 minutes starts at 12, not 12.15 (or whenever she rocks up). Be firm, if your sweep it under the rug she will keep doing it.
I'm very punctual for my clients and never keep anybody waiting, I expect the same in return!

Latest posts

Back