Clients who think they know more than the technician?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingertipsnails

Reaction score
Ok so here is a little bit of a rant!!!

So, i had a text from a new client, asking for a removal and overlay on her natural nail so i booked this in, a few days later she text and said she will have to get her nails removed sooner and asked if i could, and i had no time so she was going somewhere else, today i get a message asking if she can come today instead of tomorrow for a removal and overlay! so i replay saying no as i couldnt fit her in and her appontment was now only for an overlay! as thats what she asked for!! i got a rude text back saying about her booking for both, and had to explain she cancelled the removal. a soak of takes AT LEAST 20 mins to remove everything, she replied what is 5 mins? thats all it takes to remove them? Arghh!!! i cant just put an extra service in when she feels like it? she cancelled this! someone please tell me if im wrong? i feel bad but i think im right???

Don't feel bad, you did the right thing.

it is very frustrating when clients do this to us, sometimes they realise their mistake and back down and sometimes they don't like in this case.

So don't sweat it darl, you did the right thing IMO if you couldn't fit in the removal, you just couldn't, why should other clients who can book correctly be made to wait etc....they shouldn't, so that's why you did the right thing.

Thanks Wooshka, i knew i was just some people make us doubt ourselves i guess! and with only been 20 and owning the business i think my ahe lets me down a little!

That is the most annoying thing clients do (well one of them). I just got the other day, 'Can you fit me in for Shellac now?' 'Im sorry Im booked up until ****, would you like to come back then?' 'Sure it only takes a minute!' :eek: First of all lady you dont tell me how long, I tell you! God wouldnt you love to have a responce like that! Lucky SG is an outlet for frustration :lol:

Ok so here is a little bit of a rant!!!

So, i had a text from a new client, asking for a removal and overlay on her natural nail so i booked this in, a few days later she text and said she will have to get her nails removed sooner and asked if i could, and i had no time so she was going somewhere else, today i get a message asking if she can come today instead of tomorrow for a removal and overlay! so i replay saying no as i couldnt fit her in and her appontment was now only for an overlay! as thats what she asked for!! i got a rude text back saying about her booking for both, and had to explain she cancelled the removal. a soak of takes AT LEAST 20 mins to remove everything, she replied what is 5 mins? thats all it takes to remove them? Arghh!!! i cant just put an extra service in when she feels like it? she cancelled this! someone please tell me if im wrong? i feel bad but i think im right???

firstly, im sorry that you had a difficult situation to deal with , but you have to stick to your guns from the beginning as those clients who tend to mess around with their app's will always do so if you accomadate them when you shouldnt.
Secondly, can I ask why it is neccessary to soak off her product, would it not be ok to rebalance them?

She had her nails done by a friend of hers that is training and hates them, the product is a cheap training one and I only like working with my own product, she's a new client to me, and as we all know working for urself more so, time IS money unfortunately so we cant leave time open for something someone has said they Are getting somewhere else...

And yes I have had that too Suzanne! With a client coming for her fingers done, then while she was here wanted shellac toes too! Couldn't believe I couldn't fit them in?? And yes! Thank got for SG! no1 else understands! Lol

Latest posts

Back