Closed posts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogwy

Reaction score
Hi iv just put on a post asking for a nail model and it's been closed, I was told that it needed to be posted on a model requierd group. So I went to do just that, when I found the group I noticed that none of the posts had a reply. Is this because no1 wants to help any1 any more. I think not. Or is it beause no1 knows about this group?
We have all been trainees and some still are so we all know what it's like when u can't find a model or 1 let's you down at the last min. and I alway look at salon geek as a place I can look to for adives, help and suport and i like many otheres have found last min models in this way so why can we now nolonger post this in chit chat?

We are trying to keep similar things in similar places. Every time there is a model post, it is directed to the social groups - so everyone who reads your post - which is closed, not deleted can either PM you direct or post on the social group.

One of the reasons we did this was because lots of people would see a models required post and then place a reply which said, oh sorry I cant help you, but hope you get someone - it then fell under the category if your post is for one person then PM it and also very demoralising when you think you have found someone because there is a post on your thread.

We also created the Events forum which is a subscribed forum which allow trainers to post details of their courses. It also allowed their attendees to post on the discussion that they were doing said course but needed a model.

We felt that it was unfair to those who had paid for the right to post their course details, if we then had other people posting - I am doing such and such a course on this date and I need a model - said course was then being "advertised" free of charge.

I hope you can appreciate where we are coming from.

In all honesty, your post should have been directed at the moderators rather than as a public post - but since you have asked, I hope I have clarified it.

Latest posts

Back