Clothes clear out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRx

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am just looking for some advice.. I have had a wardrobe clear out and have 4 black bags of clothes, shoe and bags etc. Half of them still have labels on them :eek: never been worn.

Any ideas on how to sell them.. anyone used ebay or any other sites?

Thanx

I have just done exactly the same ! put it all on eBay. I use it a lot
it's really good you just have to be carefull with eBay fees when items
have sold I think (don't quote me
on this) they take 10%.

also if you have an iPhone /iPad/iPod get the eBay almost sonics quicker and easier to sell with it rather than using the website
x
x

I sell on ebay all the time. I try & list when they have free listing weekends.

I use ebay too!! Its free to do womens clothing listings x

I have just done exactly the same ! put it all on eBay. I use it a lot
it's really good you just have to be carefull with eBay fees when items
have sold I think (don't quote me
on this) they take 10%.

also if you have an iPhone /iPad/iPod get the eBay almost sonics quicker and easier to sell with it rather than using the website
x
x

Thanx for the replies x does anyone know how much the listing fee is? Or when the free listings are? Also how much do ebay take from what you sell? Thanx

Ebay usually do random weekends, they did one for the Easter weekend just gone, they send out emails to members who have opted to be emailed by Ebay

HTH
Leanne
X

Ebay is brilliant for selling clothes and if any dont sell, local charity shops are always wanting clothes. Or a bootsale if your brave hehe. I would say with ebay though, some people can be a pain. Always mention any defects (frayed bits, tiny holes etc) as i had a friend sell a m&s wedding skirt/suit and it sold for £2 and the woman complained to ebay and gave bad feedback about a dot pen mark the size of a pin top lol ebay were good about it but if it was bigger or a defect they said the woman would of had a case.

Personally i always donate to charities, i split them up to several shops rather than one. It makes me feel a ton better. I would say if its designer, then proberly use ebay-its great for vintage designer... otherwise i would give to charity. xoxo

if you sell on ebay always post recorded delivery and charge for it, its an extra 75p on top of normal postage, but if you post without it they buyer could (alot do) contact ebay and say they never received it and you need to refund..

i always find if you sell a few outfits together or a few large bundles you will do well always check courier charges for larger items. alot cheaper..

if you sell on ebay always post recorded delivery and charge for it, its an extra 75p on top of normal postage, but if you post without it they buyer could (alot do) contact ebay and say they never received it and you need to refund..

i always find if you sell a few outfits together or a few large bundles you will do well always check courier charges for larger items. alot cheaper..
Ditto. Make sure you sell recorded and include that extra charge in your price.

Just to let you know, EBay are having a no insertion fees weekend tomorrow and Sunday. I plan to list some stuff myself, so look out for a next to new exercise bike! Lol.

Just to let you know, EBay are having a no insertion fees weekend tomorrow and Sunday. I plan to list some stuff myself, so look out for a next to new exercise bike! Lol.

they never email me anymore!!! rude!!!! thanks for letting us now :D

This weekend is free listings on ebay . . . . quick get to it! x

Thanx for the replies x does anyone know how much the listing fee is? Or when the free listings are? Also how much do ebay take from what you sell? Thanx

They do take 10%. x

It's car boot season, maybe try that x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

eBay it Holly you will get more for the items, a little more hassle postage etc, but worth it when the pennies add up!

I just relisted a load of bits from another time - car bits & clothes :)

If that doesn't work I'm going to a car boot with loads of fairy cakes ;) lol x

oh my god i love carboot sales!!! i'm not aloud to do them though because i usually bring back more rubbish than i left with lol, also i cant stand scabby people, i was selling all my old barbies and they are in such good condition, this woman comes up right at the start and goes 'i'll give you 20p for all of them' i was like 'ummm 20p for 18 barbies??? no!' she was like 'ok well i'll give you 20p for the 10 i like' i was like 'NO get away from my stall!!!' i sold them all to a lovely woman with a 3 year old girl, £20 for all the barbies, accessories, houses ect... made my day lol x

oh my god i love carboot sales!!! i'm not aloud to do them though because i usually bring back more rubbish than i left with lol, also i cant stand scabby people, i was selling all my old barbies and they are in such good condition, this woman comes up right at the start and goes 'i'll give you 20p for all of them' i was like 'ummm 20p for 18 barbies??? no!' she was like 'ok well i'll give you 20p for the 10 i like' i was like 'NO get away from my stall!!!' i sold them all to a lovely woman with a 3 year old girl, £20 for all the barbies, accessories, houses ect... made my day lol x
Lol, I love them too! Although my husband has banned me from them as the last time I went (over a year ago) I came back with a new piece of furniture! Lol. It was shabby chic but he just thought it was tat! He just doesn't understand home fashions....lol.

Last time I did a car boot I was shocked by how cheap people wanted things,
Like I even had clothes that was never worn, 50p for a top shop coat that cost me £70, um no, I sold that on eBay for £45. So I agree eBay is better, but failing that do a car boot to get rid of it all lol I took my flyers with me and actually got a lot of clients lol. Win win :)

Latest posts

Back