Cluster Lash Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Hi girls, apologies as I'm not a skin geek but really need some advice.

I had some cluster lashes applied on Thursday morning, (no patch test, might I add) and I think she must have put them on wrong (it took her 15 mins, I reckon she was rushing) as my own eyelashes are really hurting.

It feels like my own eyelashes are all stuck together, pulling and twisting... and I have hard lumps of glue in the corners of my eyes which I can feel when I blink (like there's sleep in my eye). They are just really irritating me.

I keep wanting to touch them but I know I'll just do damage, and to be honest I just want them off :cry: they look lovely but they are causing me discomfort - I'm a nail geek so when my eyes feel wrong it distracts me from my work!

I only had them done as I wanted to see how I felt with people touching my eyes (I would like individual/semi-permanent lashes applied and didn't know whether I would feel comfortable with someone poking about) so figured it was a quicker treatment and then I could decide - it felt OK whilst she was applying them.

Well now I definitely want the individuals, but these things are doing my head in.

I was appalled when she said "I'm going to help you open your eyes as they will be stuck together." My eyes were GLUED shut and oh my god it hurt so much when she just yanked them apart. My eyes were watery and bloodshot for about an hour, but then they were fine.

Could someone please tell me how to remove them? Tomorrow is a Sunday and no reputable salons are open near me - I don't really want to go back to her and I'm fully booked with nails until Thursday... I don't think I could stand another 5 days with these on!

Thanks for any help, girls... Feeling very naive.

xxx

Hi girls, apologies as I'm not a skin geek but really need some advice.

I had some cluster lashes applied on Thursday morning, (no patch test, might I add) and I think she must have put them on wrong (it took her 15 mins, I reckon she was rushing) as my own eyelashes are really hurting.

It feels like my own eyelashes are all stuck together, pulling and twisting... and I have hard lumps of glue in the corners of my eyes which I can feel when I blink (like there's sleep in my eye). They are just really irritating me.

I keep wanting to touch them but I know I'll just do damage, and to be honest I just want them off :cry: they look lovely but they are causing me discomfort - I'm a nail geek so when my eyes feel wrong it distracts me from my work!

I only had them done as I wanted to see how I felt with people touching my eyes (I would like individual/semi-permanent lashes applied and didn't know whether I would feel comfortable with someone poking about) so figured it was a quicker treatment and then I could decide - it felt OK whilst she was applying them.

Well now I definitely want the individuals, but these things are doing my head in.

I was appalled when she said "I'm going to help you open your eyes as they will be stuck together." My eyes were GLUED shut and oh my god it hurt so much when she just yanked them apart. My eyes were watery and bloodshot for about an hour, but then they were fine.

Could someone please tell me how to remove them? Tomorrow is a Sunday and no reputable salons are open near me - I don't really want to go back to her and I'm fully booked with nails until Thursday... I don't think I could stand another 5 days with these on!

Thanks for any help, girls... Feeling very naive.

xxx

Hi,

i would recommend you to go back to the technician and ask her to remove them. If they are causing you discomfort and if they are not done properly, then she should take some responsebility! I am so fed up with these technicians who just don't care and damage other peoples lashes just to earn a bit of money!
So if i were you, i would go back there and ask her to remove them free of charge..because as it seems like she has done a rubbish job!
:hug: I hope you are ok. x

Thanks for the reply, Grete.

Argh, but that means leaving them on for another 5 days - I'm fully booked with clients of my own :(

I'm fine hun, thank you. I just wish my darn eyes would stop watering. It's like they're gritty because of the glue that she's just globbed on everywhere. I even had a client comment saying 'it looks like there's too much glue when you look at them from above... but face-on they look lovely'!

I'm more concerned, if I'm honest, that my own eyelashes are being damaged. Let's be fair, if they are hurting then something is wrong! In certain areas, they feel ingrown (that sore, niggly feeling whenever you blink or put pressure on the eyelid).

Is there anything I can do to ease the discomfort in the mean time? I really have no spare time except tomorrow, when a lot of salons are closed... I just want to keep rubbing them, I'm sure it would hurt less pulling them out haha! *Don't panic, I wouldn't dare!!*

xxx

Hey babe hope ur peepers are ok?!! I would contact her to tell her what has happened and explain that you can't get in until a certain time one night or until next week, she might be able to compromise to staying open a little later. Also try oily eye make up remover this dislodges the glue as it lubricates the eyelash. Hope this helps xxx

Hello hun, thank you. I haven't got any oily makeup remover, but I have got Solar Oil and Bio Oil! I might sound really silly here so apologies if I'm getting it totally wrong, but could I apply a little of either of those oils to the lash line? I tend to use make up remover wipes... Or can you recommend something I could buy over the counter somewhere tomorrow? Xxx

I wouldn't recommend using those unless you check the instructions on them and if they say do not use near eyes or contact eyes then don't. You could probz try boots superdrug. I can't recommend coz I don't use oily eye make up remover. You could give vasaline a shot put some on ur thumb and index then place eyelashes inbeteren and gently massage that might loosen them enough to slide off. Hope that makes sense. Xx

Omg I cannot believe she did this you! Your lower lids should have been taped down usually prevents sticking but she has obviously used far too much glue! If you can pop into boots, means paying but the false lashes usually come with a debonder that will break down the glue, the salon needs to be informed though you should have a free treatment of your choice at least! I would recommend hollywoods or flirties x

Thanks girls. Solar Oil is apparently safe to use around the eyes (Geeg has been doing it for years) so I've massaged some of that in. The lashes themselves feel looser, but the knots seem to be stuck fast! It was a little painful touching them.

I would tell the salon but I really don't like confrontation :( Plus, they are considered my competition nail-wise and I wouldn't want to cause a ruckus... they might bad-mouth me or something. Considering they have been running for 2 years, and the therapist herself has been doing it for 11 or 12 years (can't quite remember exactly what she said), whereas I've only been in the industry for 10 months!

Oh dear, I am in a pickle aren't I?! Whoops...

xxx

U can get actual remover for them hopefully your local hair and beauty supplier will have some and be open tomorrow ,i only know this because I do them on my self sometimes but only for one night hope this helps :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Do you know what sort of glue she used? As there are different types of glue for different lashes, don't pull at them tho as you don't want to rip your natural lashes out. The sell cluster lashes in boots and it has remover in it, however it might be stronger glue remover you need x

Hi Holly, I really don't know :cry: I should have checked, shouldn't I...

She said they would last 2 weeks, then I should get them infilled (which I now know is a BIG NO NO and they should be removed before then).

So I'm assuming she used a strong glue, although she did admit that "it's only cheap stuff so it will sting your eyes, not the good quality glue that's used for individuals". She doesn't do individuals, just clusters.

xx

I see that on their website, Sally's calls cluster lashes 'individual flare lashes' so maybe the remover that is called 'individual eyelash remover' is for both types? I am so confused. I really appreciate you all helping me, I have been pretty stupid haven't I! It means a lot - thank you all. xxx

Oh flip who says that? The stuff in boots will get it off, takes a bit of rubbing not good when they hurt! Not sure Sally's open on a sunday worth checking as that is the one you need! I don't like confrontation but reckon u should say something I'd take a picture n show her x

My local Sally's is open on Sundays, 10am - 4pm... So, I need to get the lash remover? Which one? They offer 3 -

Sally Express | LashFree Remover

Sally Express | Salon System Individual Lash Remover

Sally Express | Salons Glue Remover

As I'm not a professional lash technician, would someone please guide me on how to use it safely? I know, I know... it's like me telling you how to remove a set of nails if you're not trained... and I totally understand if you don't feel comfortable telling me.

The oil seems to have loosened them a little, and they don't hurt as much now as they did when I started this thread! But they still feel gritty and I want them off, I am sick of having heavy, spiky eyelashes that look nice but feel nasty!! xxx

I'd use salon system one, (olive oil) will work. Put it on lashes as near to where you believe the glue is, leave for a few mins to disperse glue hold a damp cotton pad under eye! Use a damp cotton bud! Do like a circular movement with wrist move in n anticlockwise way to gently ease them off x

I'd use salon system one, (olive oil) will work. Put it on lashes as near to where you believe the glue is, leave for a few mins to disperse glue hold a damp cotton pad under eye! Use a damp cotton bud! Do like a circular movement with wrist move in n anticlockwise way to gently ease them off x

This is the best thing you can do...

How much did she charge you? Hope you manage to get them of ok and they havnt damaged your lashes, maybe see if a friend, mum, sister ect could take them off for you x

Ok, I will set to that tomorrow and ask dear mummy to help haha. I hope she hasn't damaged my natural lashes! If she has, THEN I will complain... I was charged £15 xx

Ok, I will set to that tomorrow and ask dear mummy to help haha. I hope she hasn't damaged my natural lashes! If she has, THEN I will complain... I was charged £15 xx

It sounds like very poor application but its not likely she will refund you or offer an alternative treatment if you take the lashes off before she sees them (we are all always banging on on here about clients taking off lashes/nails etc without showing us what the problem is first) so be wary of that.

Take pictures first. Explain where it hurts, why you had to take them off immediately but IMO its really not a good idea to do it yourself. i don't want to be controversial as I know you are very uncomfortable, but if you aren't an eyelash "geek" you might yourself cause damage to your lashes and to your eyes, particularly if you use the wrong thing to de-bond the lashes and end up tugging at them. Then when/if you DO go back to the person who did the treatment and tell her all this she can quite easily say "well I didn't see it, and you took them off yourself incorrectly so the damage could have been caused by you."

If there is any salon open tomorrow at all go see them first and see if they can help you. I know in some big cities there are salons in town centres that are open for Sunday custom. Taking them off yourself is another option but I'd say its a final option because if you do it the technician who applied them can deny any responsibility.

It genuinely sounds like you've had a bad eyelash technician doing the job. Cluster lashes, although they say can last up to two weeks, shouldn't really be kept on that long. My clients get 4-5days wear out of them and then they fall off themselves (at college we were told the glue is water soluble hence they don't last as long). They certainly shouldn't be infilled, they should be removed as they are far too heavy to keep on the natural lash for too long as they can cause the lashes to fall off or to break because of the weight!

And what kind of pro would say "this is the cheap glue"? I'd never EVER say that to a customer even if it was true! Is the glue clear or is it black? And yes, your lower lashes should have been secured out the way with pads and your lashes should NOT have been glued together.

I accidentally glued a lower lash to a top lash once but I used remover to disconnect them, I'd never yank them apart!

Sorry this reply is going super long but there just sounds like so many things that shouldn't have been done...it's shocking!!

Hollywood/Flirties lashes (SP individuals) are excellent if applied correctly so really do your research on salons before choosing one to go to to get the treatment. I'm sure if you ask on here there will be geeks who trained in these systems that will help you to know what to ask for specifically.

But i do hope your lashes and eyes are ok. It sounds pretty horrid :(

Harlequin, thanks for your reply - I do understand what you're saying and really appreciate the advice. I have been researching all night to find reputable salons open tomorrow, and can't find one near me... I don't want to go somewhere to find they do just as bad a job! I could accept if it was my fault, but knowing someone else ruined them I would be pretty upset.

I don't want an offer, or an alternative treatment from her. I'd rather just put it behind me and take it as a lesson learned! I used the salon as she was recommended by my client, who I assume didn't have these problems or she wouldn't have gone back.

You don't sound controversial at all, I completely understand - it's why I said don't worry if noone wants to tell me how to do it - I would feel uncomfortable telling untrained nail "messers" how to do my job! I won't yank or pull them at all, I'm just hoping they will come loose... Just so I'm not in as much pain. I will put some more oil on them and leave them overnight, then reassess in the morning I think.

She used clear glue, I can see it all blobbed in the outer corners of both eyes. They are totally stiff too, like strip lashes! They break apart in half on each eye if I stretch my eyelid gently though.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back