Cluster Lash Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, looking more closely it may have been black glue... I still have some on my bottom eyelashes (and haven't worn mascara since last Monday so it's definitely not that). What I thought looked clear is a grey colour... Do you have any idea what may have been used? Xx

Morning, everyone. They are just as bad this morning, and my eyes won't stop watering :( I have just spent the last hour finding salons/therapists within 15 miles of me that do eyelashes, and are open on a Sunday... I found 3 but 2 of those only do eyelash tinting/perming, and the one that offers removal won't answer the phone so I don't know if they are actually open :(

I really have to get these off, there's no way I can leave them until Thursday! Now the glue has separated a little but, the lashes have dropped and lifted so instead of a nice clean fanned-out look, they are WONKY and have gaps.

So... Looks like a trip to Sally's to get the remover as a last resort... I will get some help from my mum, bless her.

So basically I put a cotton pad under the lashes, apply the remover and gently circle the lashes with a damp cotton bud to loosen them?

Xxx

i would go back and complain if your not happy.sad to think another client may experiance this.i do cluster lashes and never had a ny complaints and always have clients returning and i do not use tape to use on the lower lashes i apply abit of vasaline to act as a barrier if any glue does want to go there(which it usualy doesnt)and as for eyes sticking together this does happen some time just from the glue but not in a way that sounds bad if you get what i mean.sounds to me she has used to much glue that has stuck ur natural lashes causing them to hurt.also you mentioned the time it took i can easily do a lovley set in 15/20minutes..

Meme, I'm not disputing that :) it felt like she was rushing, not taking care. She got up to see other clients halfway through the treatment too which I didn't like... I'm sure experienced lash techs can do beautiful work in a short time, but in this case it felt hurried.

I really don't want to complain, she has an ok reputation and I wouldn't want to seem bitchy. I'm just going to take them off and forget about the whole ordeal - I just won't go back :)

If anyone asks me What they are like, then I will share my experience but I won't just bitch about it to people - to me that's not fair at all.

I'm going to dye my hair, then I'm off to Sally's...

Xx

i wasnt being funny. if she got up to deal with other clients thats wrong im suprised shes got an ok reputation at all!!!.hope you get it sortedx

Actually, looking more closely it may have been black glue... I still have some on my bottom eyelashes (and haven't worn mascara since last Monday so it's definitely not that). What I thought looked clear is a grey colour... Do you have any idea what may have been used? Xx

I know you can get black glue for cluster lashes (the salon system one) but you can also get Semi Permanent glue that is black...I'd hope she's just used too much of the cluster glue and that's the issue but if she's used sp glue you'd need another solvent to take it off. Have you no idea what kind of thing she used? Or even what the bottle said? The other salon you mentioned...maybe jump and see if they are open first? I know you don't want to wait til Thursday which is your decision but seriously check. The solvents for removing lashes contain small amounts of acetone and will irritate your eyes if you get it in there hon. xxx

Girls, just wanted to say thanks for your advice. I actually found an eyelash kit that I bought from Sally's months ago (it had feathers in that I wanted for nail art, and it was on sale)... It had remover in it!

Used it very safely, and after a lot of gentle teasing the lashes FINALLY gave in. My natural lashes were fine (looked a little odd as there was so much adhesive on them, they were stuck together like little triangles) and only 3 had shed. 2 of those you can actually see in the top right hand corner of the pic attached, with a lump of scratchy glue still on :(

This is what came off...
I'm sure you see why they were painful now; Just look at those lumps of adhesive all glopped up! Urgh.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343198031.501130.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343198031.501130.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,082
Girls, just wanted to say thanks for your advice. I actually found an eyelash kit that I bought from Sally's months ago (it had feathers in that I wanted for nail art, and it was on sale)... It had remover in it!

Used it very safely, and after a lot of gentle teasing the lashes FINALLY gave in.

This is what came off...
Just look at those lumps of adhesive all glopped up! Urgh.

Honestly...and I am just a newbie in comparison to to some of the people i've met on here but some of those look like very bushy strip lashes that have been cut. Its horrible! Are your eyes ok? What kind of remover was it? That looks like the most uncomfortable thing in the world. i really hope it doesn't put you off finding a reputable eyelash technician!

Isn't it just?! They look like dead spiders haha!
My eyes are absolutely fine. The clusters were very difficult to get off, pretty much stuck fast (no way they were going to come out in 2 weeks thats for sure) but I just kept teasing gently - with Salon System remover and a cotton bud - until the adhesive broke down. As you can see, they came off in strips...

I had to go through the whole process again to get the Scratchy glop out of my natural lashes, and by the morning they were totally back to normal with no irritation to my eyes whatsoever.

It's such a relief! I even feel more awake as those things were so heavy...

I do still want individuals :) I think I'll do a LOT more research this time, and trust my own judgement rather than someone else's.

By the way, I edited that post above yours :)
Xx

Last edited:
This is how uncomfortable they were...

2 clusters from the corner of my right eye.

:eek:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343199020.150415.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343199020.150415.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 160
And 2 of my natural lashes from the corner of my left eye (just dropped out with the clusters, I think they were under strain).

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343199275.105419.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343199275.105419.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 168
Blimey they don't even look like clusters they must be cut up strips!! Glad you've got them out ok if you would have left them in any longer there would have been certain damage to your lashes x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I used teeny tiny dabs of remover (I know eyes are sensitive and I'm very fond of mine lol) and didn't irritate them at all, I made sure not to overload the cotton bud.

The night before I did actually use olive oil... I tried Solar Oil to no avail, so had a shower then tried olive oil after reading on the net that it might help.

It sat on them for 8 hours... They were still stuck fast.

It took me an hour just to get them out with remover they were such a mess! Xx

They were definitely clusters as some (and I mean very few) came out ok.

Aren't I sad taking pictures?! I was so relieved they were off I just had I show you all :p

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343199982.147541.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343199982.147541.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 151

Latest posts

Back