Cluster/Party Lashes -Who is doing them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebee

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

As most of you know, I do lashes (and only lashes) I LOVE LASHES!

I already do semi permanent and express lashes but am thinking of offering the weekend party lashes. (I thought it would be good to offer a low priced treatment to target a different market with a view to teaching them to love SP Lashes and extending my client base)!!!

So my questions are:
1) Are they popular?
2)What glue is best (won't be using my SP glue as I don't think they'll want to come back for removal)
3) Have seen different techniques where the clusters are put either on top of the natural lashes or underneath - what do you do.

Few questions there! Hope you can help :hug:

Hi elliebee! :)

I offer them along side SP lashes, I find that the majority of ladies that want them are those that don't have the money to spend out on SP lashes & are also just after a little va va voom for a special night out. I only recomend them for weekend wear as they are quite heavy and the adhesive isn't mega strong!

I would'nt say they are as popular as SP lashes but I think it's nice to have a cheaper option for clients. I have managed to convert a few to SP lashes too, bonus! :)

I place them along the top of the lash line, they usually come in 3 different lengths, small, med & lrg, so it is possible to do a tapered effect. They're also available in brown & black.

I buy mine from the wholesalers, and use the Salon Systems individual black lash adhesive with them.

HTH's xxx

Pushing it up for you Elaine, you know all my info lol xx:green:

Cheers Girls!

Anyone else?

In my area they are popular, due to pricing on sp lashes and ppl being made reduntant. The cheaper local nss have started doing ebw with a razor and cluster lashes and god knows what glue they use, its as bad as their nails!:eek: I swear it does not budge!

Over the years i have discovered new techniques, ie amount of flare lash per eye, Knot free vs knotted, natural/flicks/dramatic, colour of flare lahes, tint and underneath for mature ladies etc

Definatly ranging on the lash size of 6mm to 12mm you can get a beautiful tapered natual look. Trim, s/m/long, underneath are quite common now. I use the everlash glue, mainly coz i got the kit years ago, and found that other glues were too fumey, especially the ss glue. Most trainers do recommend that if you are to use the sp glue that they remove after 2 weeks.

At the end of the day its quite profitable, depending on how much you charge or say extra lashes iygwim. It has become more affordable treatment and it has had a huge comeback from the sp lashes! hths xoxo

I do them and again only recommend them for weekend wear as they are heavy, I use cluster lashes have tried knoted and knot free . I would say my sp lashes are more popular but they are there for a cheaper option x

hi elliebee, i am like you and only offer sp lashes but was thinking about offering party lashes. What i wasn't sure about was if my insurance would cover for offering this treatment as i have not trained to do this.
Have you any ideas ladies? :hug:

We covered it in college but I would just give your insurance a ring and ask x

I do them. They are popular with people that can't afford sp lashes OR people that are worried they wont like them.
I use salon systems glue as I only recommend them for a short time only as personally I don't think it would be good for your lashes for longer than a few days.
I have heard of people putting them underneath and cringe at the thought of doing this. It appears that the salons with the therapists that have taught themselves seem to do it this way. I had one client that had them stuck on with hair extension glue!!!! :/ (in another salon I might add!)
It's definitely worth offering them! x

I do them. They are popular with people that can't afford sp lashes OR people that are worried they wont like them.
I use salon systems glue as I only recommend them for a short time only as personally I don't think it would be good for your lashes for longer than a few days.
I have heard of people putting them underneath and cringe at the thought of doing this. It appears that the salons with the therapists that have taught themselves seem to do it this way. I had one client that had them stuck on with hair extension glue!!!! :/ (in another salon I might add!)
It's definitely worth offering them! x

I love your professionalism and knowledge! I utterly and completely agree with you that these lashes are not meant to stay on for longer than a few days. The "semi-permanent-ness" should be reserved for proper application of eyelash extensions. This is what make us stand apart from the rest (just MO)

In all my years of lashing, I have seen much too much damage done by using eyelash extension adhesive with the cluster lashes. Such as cornea abrasion, lash growth stunt, ingrown lashes, permanent balding and terrible infections.

When applied professionally and responsibly taken off in reasonable amount of time they are simply hands down the best way to go without spending the costlier money and comitment to relash for as long as they wish to have the initial full set on.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with my rant for this was not my intention... :o

Latest posts

Back