CND Additives advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEB1991

Reaction score
So I'm hoping to buy ALOT of stock at the PB show and I haven't got any additives, however they look amazing and good value for money however I was wondering what ones would you recommend? I'm thinking of starting with 6 so what would you say your top 6 are?
Before anyone says search I want to know up to date as there has been more brought out recently.

Many thanks in advance

Chloe xxx

So I'm hoping to buy ALOT of stock at the PB show and I haven't got any additives, however they look amazing and good value for money however I was wondering what ones would you recommend? I'm thinking of starting with 6 so what would you say your top 6 are?
Before anyone says search I want to know up to date as there has been more brought out recently.

Many thanks in advance

Chloe xxx

the ones that were bought out 'recently' came out literally last night so pretty much no-one has their hands on them! I don't think I have even seen any colour pops from S2/Academys/Educators so I don't think anyone is going to be able to include the newest ones in a top6 just yet lol!!

My favourite collection was the 'forbidden' (on S2 as the a/w 13 prepack) and this comes with a free storage case so it would be great way to start your collection. Having said that really, I would recommend that you buy the primary colours + black + titanium pearl as that way in theory (colour theory!) you can then make any colour by mixing.

FYI as far as I'm aware S2 mostly take their latest releases and any new products to shows. They don't stock everything. I would guess it unlikely they would have all the additives and additives collections with them although you may be able to order for later delivery if you are ok to wait!

The additives are amazing, but they are not that great value for money imo. Except for the initial releases they have been sold in limited edition collections so you have to buy all 5/6 to get the 1/2/3 you want and they are very expensive if you compare them to similar products such as glitters/mica powders etc. (compare with sam biddle / colour shack etc)

I think a lot of people too are waiting to see what the Irresistable "Nail Shadows" that launch at pro beauty are like as their nail glitters are fab, available to buy individually, and much more reasonably priced.

my favourites are:

Denim Geode (Open Road Collection)
Desert Chameleon (Open Road)
Blue Heaven (Forbidden)
Pink/Gold Sparkle
Green/Gold Sparkle
Violet Pearl

but I have and love them all - 6 was hard to choose !!!! :)

Hi, can anyone tell me if the denim geode additive is much different to silver holo irresistible glitter? thanks

Hi, can anyone tell me if the denim geode additive is much different to silver holo irresistible glitter? thanks

It's similar in that it's also a silver holographic glitter but it's so fine, it's like dust! So pretty :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's similar in that it's also a silver holographic glitter but it's so fine, it's like dust! So pretty :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks, it does look pretty but do i need it! wish i didn't have to buy the whole set, are the others in the set worth having, as it is i've ended up with 2 blush bronze effects that i will never use! thanks for your reply x

Thanks, it does look pretty but do i need it! wish i didn't have to buy the whole set, are the others in the set worth having, as it is i've ended up with 2 blush bronze effects that i will never use! thanks for your reply x

Desert Chameleon out of that set is really nice :)

yes the Denim Geode is definitely like fine holographic dust, its very nice, my new favourite :D

The open road collection is just stunning definitely my favourite so far.

I love additives and use them loads, if you are a small business that can't splash out on every colour release then using these to mix up colour matches can save you a fortune until you get busier.

My most popular are the 'effects' I couldn't be without them - pink gold and green gold especially.

It would be awesome if they would break them up and sell them separately in future. Hopefully at least geode will become permanent!

The white additive in the current launch is awesome too.

I think if you're just starting out, then it's best to start with the ones that will allow you to mix your own colours - red, yellow and blue. Black and Titanium Pearl to get started as well.

Green gold is like iced coral - so fantastic for layering over tropix, lobster roll and black pool.

Denim geode is possibly one of my favourites though :D

Plus the green and blue in that group are lovely too - get the set *angel* x

It would be awesome if they would break them up and sell them separately in future. Hopefully at least geode will become permanent!

The white additive in the current launch is awesome too.

I think if you're just starting out, then it's best to start with the ones that will allow you to mix your own colours - red, yellow and blue. Black and Titanium Pearl to get started as well.

Green gold is like iced coral - so fantastic for layering over tropix, lobster roll and black pool.

Denim geode is possibly one of my favourites though :D

Plus the green and blue in that group are lovely too - get the set *angel* x

Hi, sorry i've only just seen your reply, i bought the very first set they brought out with the free brushes, so do have some to play with & have also got pink haute, & also the charmed collection because i wanted iccicles & wanted ice vapour so have 2 bronze effects!

But i do really want denim geode & like you say the green & blue are lovely too! but don't really want the copper, the white one in paradise collection looks lovely too plus you get the free mixing pallet, oh so many to buy i won't have to buy any new shellac colours at this rate for a while anyway,

Just one more question is the smart phone cover suitable for the samsung galaxy or smaller iphones?

Thanks for your help x

My Samsung galaxy s3 fits perfectly :)

My Samsung galaxy s3 fits perfectly :)

Thank you! that's made my mind up then i need a new phone cover, just need to sort out my order, now off to bed my brain can't take anymore ha ha.

just when I thought Denim Geode was my favourite - along comes Sizzling Sand !!! :Love::Love::Love::Love:

just when I thought Denim Geode was my favourite - along comes Sizzling Sand !!! :Love::Love::Love::Love:

Looks amazing over Black Pool!!! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Looks amazing over Black Pool!!! xx

I'm gonna put it over everything lol ! :Love:

have just done it over the paradise colours so far but will get to some more in the morning, need sleep ! hehe

Hi, sorry i've only just seen your reply, i bought the very first set they brought out with the free brushes, so do have some to play with & have also got pink haute, & also the charmed collection because i wanted iccicles & wanted ice vapour so have 2 bronze effects!

But i do really want denim geode & like you say the green & blue are lovely too! but don't really want the copper, the white one in paradise collection looks lovely too plus you get the free mixing pallet, oh so many to buy i won't have to buy any new shellac colours at this rate for a while anyway,

Just one more question is the smart phone cover suitable for the samsung galaxy or smaller iphones?

Thanks for your help x

LoL! It does get to be quite addictive ;)

I have a Galaxy Note 2 - which is HUGE, so it doesn't fit. But I just use it as a little 'out and about' purse :)

Sizzling sand is lush over everything - but I had it on over lush tropix. Gorgeous! :D

wowsers ! I just did it ! stunning !!!! :Love::Love:

Lush isn't it!! Looking forward to all your pics on FB, lol! xx

Latest posts

Back