CND Bold Color L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franjess

Reaction score
I bougth CND bold color L&P last year in clearance bend and I decided just now to try it so I mixed some great colors and can't wait to try them.

But I can't found anywhere reviews on it and no instructions came with it. I tought I'd use retention liquid with it. GIGI said (no exact words) in one post she doesn't like using colors because you can't see if there is any problems under the colored acrylic.

Any information on how it holds up? Any tips on good color mixes and can I mix white or soft white without causing product break down?

I have the Bold Colors red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple.

Gigi if your on here do you like the french natural colored powders?

Last edited:
Hi there,
I use the bold cnd colors all the time. Actually just yesterday I used the red and added some iridescent glitter to it and sculpted some beautiful Christmas tips then painted on snow flakes. They are great to play with and do fades or add glitter and create a one of a kind design. I use my cnd retention fluid and that works great. Im sure and CND fluid would be fi e. As far as not being able to see a problem under the product. I haven't had that issue because I always do tips with the color and clear or pink on the nail bed. Or I use the colors to make a design on the nail and seal it in with clear. Either way I can see enough of the nail plate to know if there is an issue. I do feel however that typically if there is a issue with the nail plate you will have some.degree of service break down to tip you off or would be able to tell on the new growth. It is a good point though one to consider. Start small with a simple design or colored tips and get the feel of it. Having new and unique skills with art and colors will really boost business it sure has for me! Good luck!

Thanks Kismet, I thought maybe CND Perfect Bold Colors must of been discontinued, I've looked all over the web to see any reviews and found noon.

Has anyone used it on the whole nail? I'm thinking maybe no one wants to take the time to mix a color, it is time consuming. I just made up different colors ahead of time. Like the colors but had to right down formual incase I needed more.

I'm really only doing Shellac and other Gel polishes right now. Only doing acrylic on one client because she wants length longer then Shellac well give her. I have a home based salon and don't want the smell. I turn away all acrylic clients because of that. Love doing acrylic though.

I used to do a lot of full colour enhancements, but have found now that clients prefer a natural enhancement put on and a gel polish on top. This way they get the colour and it is easier to change on their next appointment.
I only use my colour powders (not CND) for tips and designs now.

Totally agree with Izzi. Much easier to do a polish/gel polish on top of enhancements so it can be changed easier at next appointment if they wish to

Thanks everyone. I thought I could save a few steps if she just wants the same color all the time.

Latest posts

Back