CND Callous Smoother

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmen

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
So is it just me or is the callous smoother not work very good at all?? I bought one all excited to try it out and it wasn't even scraping the skin off my client. I ran it over my hands and couldn't even feel anything really on the coarse side. Strange. I ended up going back to my Gehwol foot paddle and my client said it felt way better.

Am I the only one with this problem? Did I do something wrong? I used the larger pattern first to try and this was the one that did nothing. :irked:

Help!
Carmen

Carmen thats BIZARRE!! I LOVE mine- it works AMAZING.

Did you soak the feet for awhile and put some callus remover on the skin first? (not that you HAVE to do that, but it makes an incredible difference!)

and yes, you SHOULD use the larger patterned side first, then the smaller for smoothing- maybe her feet werent very bad to begin with?

I dunno doll- share some more info and we can troubleshoot ;)

Carmen said:
Hi geeks,
So is it just me or is the callous smoother not work very good at all?? I bought one all excited to try it out and it wasn't even scraping the skin off my client. I ran it over my hands and couldn't even feel anything really on the coarse side. Strange. I ended up going back to my Gehwol foot paddle and my client said it felt way better.

Am I the only one with this problem? Did I do something wrong? I used the larger pattern first to try and this was the one that did nothing. :irked:

Help!
Carmen

Carmen I am not sure how you do your pedicures, but the Callus Smoother is there to 'smooth' away dead skin and works brilliantly with Sea Serum which is the professional serum used to penetrate callus before the smoothing process. I let the serum penetrate for maybe 5 minutes and then remove. What comes away is unreal... hope that helps. (btw Sea Serum is in the SpaPedicure range). :!:

Sea Serum does wonders to feet with loads of hard skin.:)

Hi,

I've just noticed that the Callus Smoother in the new CND Catalogue is different to the one in the old catalogue (SpaPedicure callus smoother).

Does that mean the SpaPedicure callus smoother is redundant ??

River

A new design was introduced almost 2 years ago :)

Saves replacing screens :D

testing the hanging quick reply box

testing another quick reply thing... Ignore me!

testing again. ignore me again

The Nail Geek said:
A new design was introduced almost 2 years ago :)

Saves replacing screens :D

Shows you how old my catalogue was !! :lol:

Thanks

River

I'm using the new callous smoother with the sea serum - leaving the sea serum on for 5 mins - but I'm not sure if you are meant to rinse off the serum before using the smoother? - as on the spa pedi course, we rinsed it off but in the instructions it doesn't say to rinse it off.... can anyone tell me please?

I use the Spa Pedicure range which is why I thought I would try this smoother. My client had a lot of callous build up on her heels. I didn't use anything else with AHA's in it so I knew it would be safe to use the Callous Remover (I know it doesn't work good if you're doing the whole spa pedi and you're supposed to use Sea Serum). Anyways, I wiped the Remover off after about 5 minutes and started sloughing away the callous...well, trying! :rolleyes: I didn't do anything wrong or out of the ordinary so I'm not sure why this didn't work.

When I run my hands over the large pattern, it barely feels rough. It feels rougher on the small pattern side which I know is supposed to be the finer grit.

Any suggestions?

Garden Geek said:
...and still it doesn't work

you keep popping up and making me LOL!

rjryan said:
you keep popping up and making me LOL!
shhhh.... and I'm doing my best to delete posts as fast as I can to not disrupt the forum... :(

At least he has a sense of humour with these tests. Some Support techs have no personality :D

Hell, I'm half way tempted to undelete the posts if only for my own amusement.

Carmen said:
I use the Spa Pedicure range which is why I thought I would try this smoother. My client had a lot of callous build up on her heels. I didn't use anything else with AHA's in it so I knew it would be safe to use the Callous Remover (I know it doesn't work good if you're doing the whole spa pedi and you're supposed to use Sea Serum). Anyways, I wiped the Remover off after about 5 minutes and started sloughing away the callous...well, trying! :rolleyes: I didn't do anything wrong or out of the ordinary so I'm not sure why this didn't work.

When I run my hands over the large pattern, it barely feels rough. It feels rougher on the small pattern side which I know is supposed to be the finer grit.

Any suggestions?

Dont wipe the remover off!!

AND- I am a firm believer in callus build up- just not the rough shredded type!
these are meant for just that- smoothing over rough callous, not cutting it off. I have used this procedure on many clients with varying degrees of roughness, and have been satisfied with all the results. If the build up is REALLY bad, I like to wrap the feet in sea serum with plastic wrap for about 15 minutes in warm booties- really penetrates nicely that way. BUT AGAIN- DONT WIPE IT OFF!!! Scrub with the serum ON THE SKIN! If you get build up on your smoother, just rinse it off in the pedicure tub- it cleans off like a dream!!

Good luck- hope this helps a bit ;)

Try using the smoother in a circular motion rather than back and forth and see how that works. xxx

Thanks guys! I did leave the remover on at first and thought this may be why it's not coming off. I don't use a blade either but I'm just saying my other file took way more off. I love CND products so I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I have another pedi this afternoon so I'll give it another whirl!

Carmen

I have the new callous remover but have yet to try it, have you had a better result with the advice given Carmen?

No, I haven't had any luck with it. I think I'm going to return it as I'm really disappointed. I can literally run my fingers over the rough side of it and feel nothing. Strange hey? Does yours feel rough?

Latest posts

Back