CND Colour & Effects .... quick question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondgirl

Reaction score
Hey Guys N Girls
I have decide to switch my nail polish to a different brand.....After much deliberation as to which polish I will be switching to I have narrowed it down to CND colours and effects or Opi...After trawling these threads both seem to have really good reviews but I seem to be gearing more towards cnd as I use shellac dd etc..... Anyways have mailed s2 but haven't heard back from them and don't want to keep bugging sam with stupid questions so if you can help I'd really appreciate it :)
All I would like to know is what size are the bottles of cnd polish in terms of ml (AS CANT SEEM TO FIND THIS INFO ON THE WEBSITE UNLESS iM BEING REALLY DUMB AND NOT LOOKING PROPERLY) and also what is the height of the bottles as need to know if they will fit in my carrycase...

Thanks loads xx

Last edited:
Just having a quick look at my Sweetsquared catalogue.....the CND colour and Effects bottles are 9.8ml (0.33fl oz) and they measure approx 3.5 inches in height.

Hope that helps!

You are a Gem thankyou so much x:)

No problemo! x

Hey Guys N Girls
I have decide to switch my nail polish to a different brand.....After much deliberation as to which polish I will be switching to I have narrowed it down to CND colours and effects or Opi...After trawling these threads both seem to have really good reviews but I seem to be gearing more towards cnd as I use shellac dd etc..... Anyways have mailed s2 but haven't heard back from them and don't want to keep bugging sam with stupid questions so if you can help I'd really appreciate it :)
All I would like to know is what size are the bottles of cnd polish in terms of ml (AS CANT SEEM TO FIND THIS INFO ON THE WEBSITE UNLESS iM BEING REALLY DUMB AND NOT LOOKING PROPERLY) and also what is the height of the bottles as need to know if they will fit in my carrycase...

Thanks loads xx

What are you currently using?? Why are you switching, what qualitys are you looking for ?? I have tried lots I find cnd have fantastic brush lovely depth and coverage and consistancy. I do not however get much demand now shellac is available lol. I would never worry about fitting into my Case as it's much more impirtant to have good polish not just one that fits in my case .

Opi have been sold out to rimmel btw.

Go for cnd IMO use a system you have faith in and use it proud, shellac, polish, top, base, retail your items solar oil and mini top coats also. Xxx

What are you currently using?? Why are you switching, what qualitys are you looking for ?? I have tried lots I find cnd have fantastic brush lovely depth and coverage and consistancy. I do not however get much demand now shellac is available lol. I would never worry about fitting into my Case as it's much more impirtant to have good polish not just one that fits in my case .

Opi have been sold out to rimmel btw.

Go for cnd IMO use a system you have faith in and use it proud, shellac, polish, top, base, retail your items solar oil and mini top coats also. Xxx

Hey thankyou for your input.....:)
At the moment I am using sinful polish. I spent around £230 on polishes and I suppose was relatively happy with them initially as had nothing really to compare them too as the only other polish I have used was mavala at college and I personally didnt like it.....With regards to the sinful range I have just found that the brush is way to thin, the polishes go gloopy really quickly even though I clean the rims after every use and put tops on tightly and have had problems in the past with bubbling even though I prep the nails use scrubfresh to dehydrate and apply thinly.......so my polishes are wearing down slowly and rather than me replace them with the same brand I want to try a different brand........I cant afford to make a costly error by choosing the wrong polish and I know everybody has their own preferences but after trawling through the forums Ive found loads of posts raving about cnd colour and effects and opi so thought that I would try either of the two:)

I love the fact that cnd only supply to professionals and i do use the base/top coats, solar oil from this range etc but with OPI i like the fact that I can go to the wholesalers and pick them up as and when and get to see the actual color of the polish as oppose to just seeing a swatch and also if i just one a single polish I dont have to pay pp if going to the wholesalers............... so still a dilemma as to what I choose lol have bought an opi polish today and love the application nice brush etc so suppose will have to order one from cnd to compare but really wanted to buy this weekend as I have loads of clients booked in for pedis and manis before Christmas and capital have VAT free today and tomorrow lol.............

With regards to the carrycase I wasnt saying that if the polish didnt fit I wouldnt buy the polish lol I meant if the cnd polishes are too big as the opi ones are I would order a different carrycase at the time of ordering the polishes...............:)

Thanks again xx

If you wanna see them I recommend buying the colour wheel that they do, that things amazing! And you can see at a glance how each colour will look with each effect to as you wouldnt know this looking at the bottles in the whole salers but the colour wheel over laps them all for you!

Latest posts

Back