CND courses - different formats for different countries?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladida

Reaction score
Hey galls and guys :p

Can someone enlighten me on some things i have been curious about. I recently found a salon here that sells CND stuff, and they do CND courses with official CND certificate (so they say). Now, the price of the course i suppose can vary alot from country to country, but i have noticed in quite a few threads of people here, that did train in alot of courses (Ez, CND, ..) that along with the course, you get a supply kit, and most of the times a lamp for the course you are finishing. This is not the case in my country (no course gives you a starter kit and a lamp, you buy that separatelly). So I'm asking is there an official statement from the companies that along with the course, you are given some starter kit, or does this completelly depend on the people giving the course?

In my opinion, when you do a course with a company, and not receive any material from the course (at least a small starter kit to get to know the products) you might not stick with their products since you don't know them. You might maybe use a different lamp with their products, so you might not see the quality of the products to the fullest, and get a wrong opinion on it. So it's strange for me companies that are wordwide like this wouldn't provide that. Just seems like good business sense?

Why I ask is because my country is a bit "strange" in some cases, so, I read through alot of threads here, and i seem to get the feeling you all get a starter kit and a lamp with the official courses, and that's not the case here, so i put a question mark on the legitimacy of the course really? Is it a true CND course or not? When going through CND website for legitimate distributors, i didn't notice any for my country.

If you are not sure about the Course legalities then maybe send CND in the states an email and ask them, see if the course suppliers is registered with them as a course provider.
Here is a link that will take you to their contact email page:
Contact - CND

HTH

Doing so now. But is it normal for you to receive a kit and lamp or something when finished the course?

Doing so now. But is it normal for you to receive a kit and lamp or something when finished the course?

It is up to the policy of the distributor in your country as to how they run their courses.

I set the policy for CND courses in the UK many years ago and even these have changed over the years.

It is good to check with CND as to the legitimacy of the supplier, but it is not an indication that they are not legit just because how they run their courses differs form others.

Okay. No response from CND so far tho. As said, i'm concerned, courses here are extra pricey, and there's no distributor for my country on the official list so just want to know im getting the right thing. Nearest distributor is in Hungary.

Hi ladida,

I finished the CND course in Greece, it was a 6 week course two times every week and we learned acrylic/gel/fiberglass, manicure and pedicure.

No kits or lamps were given to us, we had to buy them if we wanted. But, the materials used in class were provided by the educator.

It was not a salon, it was a trained center and Creative shop. It is also in the CND site as the official distributor.

Be extra careful if they are not listed as official distributors. I know a salon here that does training using CND products, but they don't claim that they give CND certificates.

In Greece, you are not obliged to finish a CND course in order to use their products. The same goes for the other nail companies as well. Try to find out if this is the case also in your country. For example you can do a course with Ezflow, but after you finish, you can use Creative products, no training needed. But they do seminars for anyone interested.

If the salon is not an official CND distributor, find another one for good training and then you can decide what products you want to use if the same policy applies in your country as here.

Good luck, hoped it helped you a bit :hug:

Thank you klara. That's another point of view that i needed. I asked, the course is 5 days with this educator. CND replied to my inquery just by pointing me to the real distributor, that is in Hungary. There's none in Croatia. That's it. They didn't say anything else regarding the salon. Still kind of confused about them.

Maybe get in touch with the hungarian distributor as they are the closest to you. See if they can help you a bit more with your questions.
HTH

Latest posts

Back