CND Green & White Glossing Buffer Block!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Sorry all but I felt I had to share the fantasticness of this product!!!

I got a pack of these recently from the Sweet Shop and OH MY GOD IT'S BRILLIANT!!!! I have never managed to get such a high gloss shine on a natural nail!!!

Embarrassing story - after I'd done my CreativeSpa course I decided to get some practise in by asking my long suffering other half if I could do a manicure and pedicure on him. Needless to say I was really getting into it and (unfortunately) my training took over and I buffed his nails to a high gloss shine! :eek:

Anyhoo... the high gloss shine that I got with this buffer lasted a very impresive good couple of weeks! :smack:

Just wanted to share my impressedness with you all.

Oh and I'm not allowed to go anywhere near my bloke now with a buffer... :o

They are great. I find they pick up oils really quickly though and lose their effectiveness. I try to store them carefully.

Julie

They are great. I find they pick up oils really quickly though and lose their effectiveness. I try to store them carefully.

Julie

Oooh thank you for that - will keep that in mind!

:hug:

there's no doubt this file/buffer is a godsend, but with "men", sometimes it's a little over the top.

I've had guys delighted with the results, then come back a few days later wanting a more " discrete" look.

It really depends on the person, but many men don't want the sparkling look while wrapped around their pint.

They ain't all Queer as Folk !!!! and just 2 sides of a satin buffer (or for the Creative aficionados), a girlfriend buffer, (thats such a butch name) will create a good enough shine/appearance without hanging out the "I'm wearing clear nail polish lantern".

I found they lost effectiveness quite quickly ....

I found they lost effectiveness quite quickly ....

keep them away from oil and do the majority of your filing with other files/buffers and they will last for quite some time.

They are a "finishing buffer", not the be all and end all, if you are lazy, they won't last long, if you refine your work down efficiently from grit to grit, they do quite well, "keep them away from oil", many are way too quick to use oil "it makes less than perfect work look better", leave the oil till last merely to settle dust.

Thats why many comps don't allow oil, it merely masks inferior buffing (that a good judge can see through), a gloss buffer is merely a finishing touch.

Hey, I always finish my nails with a Glossing Buffer.

Remember that oil will Fubar the buffer so what I do is finish all the way up to a Girlfriend and then scrubfresh the surface before I gloss.

To Carl's point: it is a finishing buffer and will wear out instantly if you try to use it to put shine on an unfinished surface.

Yep think I may have contaminated mine ..... ooops

Too much use on the nail trainer ...

Hey, I always finish my nails with a Glossing Buffer.

Remember that oil will Fubar the buffer so what I do is finish all the way up to a Girlfriend and then scrubfresh the surface before I gloss.

To Carl's point: it is a finishing buffer and will wear out instantly if you try to use it to put shine on an unfinished surface.

I can vouch for this (not that i need to :wink2:) but i killed 3 before i realised why :o

I've had a love affair with my Glossing Buffer Blocks - since starting nails. I love them, but the oil does mess them up.

Incredible invention!

these buffers are also an incredible retail item. Every client should have one for buffing the surface if they remove their polish AND (this is a great trick)

If the surface of you polish is looking a bit worn and scratched over time, buff it up with the Glossing Buffer ... brings it back to nearly perfect. It's also good to gently buff a dent out of the polish if the client has messed up on the way home from the salon.

these buffers are also an incredible retail item. Every client should have one for buffing the surface if they remove their polish AND (this is a great trick)

If the surface of you polish is looking a bit worn and scratched over time, buff it up with the Glossing Buffer ... brings it back to nearly perfect. It's also good to gently buff a dent out of the polish if the client has messed up on the way home from the salon.

That really is a great trick Geeg!!!

I'll definiately keep that in mind!!!

I just killed my glossing block today. They dont like solar oil at all, make sure you get every trace of oil from your clients nails and surrounding tissue. I will be investing in another though as they are spiffing.:green:

Latest posts

Back