CND L&P - I want to love it....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojosnails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am having a dilemma about L&P.

I originally trained in CND L&P about 6 years ago and used it until about 4 years ago when I switched to NSI. I ordered some more CND L&P earlier this year, because I use Shellac and CND Brisa so it makes more sense to get everything from the same supplier. I did not get on with the CND L&P very well this time. I found it hard to file, and although I did thorough PREP I found I got a bit of lifting which I do not get when using NSI. I also found I had a problem with air bubbles, even though I was sure the air was out of my brush when I soaked it in the liquid at the beginning of application. I used Retention+ liquid. I have ended up going back to NSI again.

So, I am looking for some advice. Do you Geeks think it is just that I am more suited to NSI, or could I be doing something wrong with CND? I am wondering if there is some sort of training that may help to refresh me. I really want to love CND L&P. I would love to be able to do more training with CND and maybe one day get a masters with them (when I can afford to! :D), so I know I need to use their L&P but I just don't know what to do at the moment.

Sorry for making this so long! I hope some of you can help, I know there are many CND lovers on here :D

Thanks in advance!

Jo

Hi Geeks,

I am having a dilemma about L&P.

I originally trained in CND L&P about 6 years ago and used it until about 4 years ago when I switched to NSI. I ordered some more CND L&P earlier this year, because I use Shellac and CND Brisa so it makes more sense to get everything from the same supplier. I did not get on with the CND L&P very well this time. I found it hard to file, and although I did thorough PREP I found I got a bit of lifting which I do not get when using NSI. I also found I had a problem with air bubbles, even though I was sure the air was out of my brush when I soaked it in the liquid at the beginning of application. I used Retention+ liquid. I have ended up going back to NSI again.

So, I am looking for some advice. Do you Geeks think it is just that I am more suited to NSI, or could I be doing something wrong with CND? I am wondering if there is some sort of training that may help to refresh me. I really want to love CND L&P. I would love to be able to do more training with CND and maybe one day get a masters with them (when I can afford to! :D), so I know I need to use their L&P but I just don't know what to do at the moment.

Sorry for making this so long! I hope some of you can help, I know there are many CND lovers on here :D

Thanks in advance!

Jo
Trouble is hunni you have been using NSI for a while so have got used to that mix ratio, you are going to have to retrain your mix ratio with CND.
Maybe book a 121 with a CND educator to help see where the problem lies.
Give sweetsquared a ring they will be able to advise you of your nearest educator 08452106060.
HTH's
Jen xxx

I must say, I began using CND Retention+ with Perfect Color. I had quite a few air bubbles. Though, the bubbles were much less the more I practiced. But, I saw the OPI brand claims to have "no air bubbles" formula. So, I bought some. Voila. No bubbles. I don't blame CND, of course! It's just my mix ration/application. I'm waiting for the Retention+ powders! :)

Like Jeni said id book a one to one, otherwise you'll buy more CND products use them then end up putting them into the back of your cupboard and letting them go to waist!
i dont mean to sound rude but a lot has change in 6 years since you last did your CND course you may just need a refresher to bring you back up to date :)

i think its nice as well to use a complete system clients notice things, the CND label on your Scrub Fresh, Cuticle away, Solar oil, Brisa, Shellac etc they know the brand they know what to expect so when you bring out something different it makes them think there getting second best, id give the one2one a go :) x

Hiya x If I was you I would ring them and arrange a one to one session with htem, you won't be wasting your money! they may even give you advice over the phone? I've just done my Masters L&P and get on great with it. I am happy to help if you want to PM me xx

Thank you everyone for your replies! I am definitely going to find out about one2one training. I have the number for my nearest educator as I want to do Minx training, I think a one2one for L&P may have to come first though! :) Thank you for all your advice xx

I must say, I began using CND Retention+ with Perfect Color. I had quite a few air bubbles. Though, the bubbles were much less the more I practiced. But, I saw the OPI brand claims to have "no air bubbles" formula. So, I bought some. Voila. No bubbles. I don't blame CND, of course! It's just my mix ration/application. I'm waiting for the Retention+ powders! :)

Oooh, do you know when new powders come out?

I Believe they will be showing them at Olympia at the end of the month :) x

I Believe they will be showing them at Olympia at the end of the month :) x

Oh I will have to take a look when I'm there, I will be in the queue for the new shellac colours anyway! :)

Latest posts

Back