CND lamp ~ timer rumours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsby.me

Reaction score
Ive heard a rumour from my supplier that if you do not unplug the CND lamp, the internal timer keeps running, and the unit shuts off (as an indication for new bulbs) before you actually need the new bulbs.
Is this true?:eek:

Absolutely false

...i hope its false...he said it happened to a few techs...im sure he wants to sell me one....seems odd to make up such a thing.

I'm sure the cnd lamp was designed with far more intelligence than that.

The internal timer only counts down when you actually have the lamp running- as in you have the bulbs on. If the bulbs are off, there is no bulb useage to count x

No, it is not true. The illumination of the bulbs is what triggers the timer/countdown.

thanks fee, unas and unique...
im one step closer to buying this lamp...
:Look_righagreed, id think it was more intelligently designed as well.

thanks fee, unas and unique...
im one step closer to buying this lamp...
:Look_righagreed, id think it was more intelligently designed as well.

You won't regret it, it has 4 timers, a carry handle, removable plate to make doing toes easier, you can check the bulb life and doesn't make an annoying beep when the time is up, it just goes off. (Unlike the bio lamps which beep but keep running)

As an aside following on from your other thread, I forgot to say that my bio distributor has confirmed bio cures in the CND lamp...do call your guys...

You won't regret it, it has 4 timers, a carry handle, removable plate to make doing toes easier, you can check the bulb life and doesn't make an annoying beep when the time is up, it just goes off. (Unlike the bio lamps which beep but keep running)

As an aside following on from your other thread, I forgot to say that my bio distributor has confirmed bio cures in the CND lamp...do call your guys...

I find Bio gel actually lasts longer when cured in the CND Lamp! Xx

Funny! I like the beep.

I went to the supplier this afternoon, and had a talk with him about this rumour. He stated that several nail techs(his customers)were complaining and having problems with the internal timer turning off the bulbs prematurely...and that he himself called CND and spoke directly to them. He threatened not to carry the line anymore...so the cnd rep said (according to him quote) "between you and me, if you want the bulbs to have a longer life, unplug the unit when not in use". No manufacturing flaw was admitted to, just that bit of advice.

Why would he lie about that....Nevertheless, I left and went to another supply store. One of the chains stores was having the pack of bulbs promo, I could not pass it up.
Thanks kat, unas and fee ~ My new cnd lamp is sitting right next to me ...extremely excited about my new toy...looking forward to great results.

I have had many reps tell me false information about tons of products and equipment. To be honest, I don't consult with mine anymore Bc she gave me such incorrect information so many times. I have never had a problem with my lamp timer. I only have to buy bulbs every 6 months with doing 5-8 Shellacs per day. (give or take)

If anyone has had problems with their lamp, they should return it to your supplier and request a new one.

Absolutely logical unique. ~ i suppose a grain of salt is a must.
This 'info' did stop me from purchasing the lamp...from that supplier.
If anything, now I dont trust the batch they're selling.
I guess I will not bother doing the "unplug" thing, and see how it goes.
My bulbs should last as long as yours...(6 months).

I had a Sale Rep pop in to the salon I work in and he was asking me question about gel extension which I told him I do not do this service yet, only Acrylic, Shellac, Gelish and Artistic gel polish and that I have the CND lamp and Gelish led lamp to cure these product and I will not be buying any more lamps. He kept going on how good Bio gel was and that it would be fine in the CND lamp. Sal rep will say anything for a sale, more money in there pocket, some of them don't have a clue and are bias, not a good rep in my eyes.

I forgot to add that he started to slag off Minx and tried to fob off some other naff copy to me saying that nail tech struggle with it and it did not last on fingers and toes.
I was not impress with his sell pitch and ask him that if he had five minutes I would put Minx on his Big toes and his little fingers and get back to me how long there both last before coming off. He did not take me up on my offer, I wonder why.
Best thing to do is get the right lamp for the gel you are using and if you have any problems contact head office.

I forgot to add that he started to slag off Minx and tried to fob off some other naff copy to me saying that nail tech struggle with it and it did not last on fingers and toes.
I was not impress with his sell pitch and ask him that if he had five minutes I would put Minx on his Big toes and his little fingers and get back to me how long there both last before coming off. He did not take me up on my offer, I wonder why.
Best thing to do is get the right lamp for the gel you are using and if you have any problems contact head office.

Like the idea of putting minx on him , soon shut him up , will have to remember that one ! X

Yea some of these sal Rep do my head in, there no nothing about a product but put it down. all of the hairdresser and the Salon owner back me up because on some of them, Minx as stayed on their toes for 12 weeks. But I do recommend 4-6 weeks. Once I put it on it does not budge and I don't put glue on the free edge to seal them like a few clients have told me, another tech have done before.

In my experience when my 1oo hours were up mine turned itself off, when I pressed C It would turn on for 2 secs then off again, but apparently by pressing reset button for bout 10 secs you reset it and it'll carry on working anyway but obviously not to it's full potential, it's a good ploy to get you to keep buying those bulbs tho 40pound a time lol!

In my experience when my 1oo hours were up mine turned itself off, when I pressed C It would turn on for 2 secs then off again, but apparently by pressing reset button for bout 10 secs you reset it and it'll carry on working anyway but obviously not to it's full potential, it's a good ploy to get you to keep buying those bulbs tho 40pound a time lol!

It's not a ploy at all... honestly!

The bulbs have 100 hours of life, but once that time is up, the bulbs will look like they are still working away, but the output would certainly not be the same!

The thing I hated about all of my other UV lamps was that I never knew when to replace my bulbs and unless I kept a note of when I changed them, then the only way I had of knowing they needed to be replaced was my clients would have problems with their nails... not a good way to find out now is it?

So CND have done all the hard work for us and have made the CND lamp with the built in timer, to help us... not to fool us!

Where would we all be if we reset the timer each time it went off?... we'd be back to not knowing when to replace our bulbs and we would have a lot of very unhappy clients and in turn would lose money... now that really doesn't make good business sense does it?

Stick to doing things the right way and you won't go wrong... if you reset the timer when the bulbs have gone you are only fooling yourself and your unsuspecting clients.

It's not a ploy at all... honestly!

The bulbs have 100 hours of life, but once that time is up, the bulbs will look like they are still working away, but the output would certainly not be the same!

The thing I hated about all of my other UV lamps was that I never knew when to replace my bulbs and unless I kept a note of when I changed them, then the only way I had of knowing they needed to be replaced was my clients would have problems with their nails... not a good way to find out now is it?

So CND have done all the hard work for us and have made the CND lamp with the built in timer, to help us... not to fool us!

Where would we all be if we reset the timer each time it went off?... we'd be back to not knowing when to replace our bulbs and we would have a lot of very unhappy clients and in turn would lose money... now that really doesn't make good business sense does it?

Stick to doing things the right way and you won't go wrong... if you reset the timer when the bulbs have gone you are only fooling yourself and your unsuspecting clients.

Agreed!!!

Ive heard a rumour from my supplier that if you do not unplug the CND lamp, the internal timer keeps running, and the unit shuts off (as an indication for new bulbs) before you actually need the new bulbs.
Is this true?:eek:

as we say in Yorkshire - a load of bollocks! :D

Latest posts

Back