CND lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi_xxx

Reaction score
I'm purchasing Shellac at the minute from Ellisons but they are saying the Lamp is currently out of stock? Do you need the CND lamp or can you use any 36 watt lamp?

You need the CnD one Hun. Have you tried s2? X

No lamps there either :( x

Oh no I'm wanting to order mine next week after my training! Any idea of when either will be getting them back in stock? X

Ring s2...there was a post on here saying they are awaiting stock from America so if you call them they can give you an idea of when they'll be available xx

Thank you :D

You defo need a Cnd lamp ! I spent lots on other lamps and none worked x

You can get other 36 watt lamps that do cure shellac. They arent expensive so maybe would do you until they come in stock?
Ive never had a problem using the non cnd lamp so is a short fix so you don't disappoint clients xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can get other 36 watt lamps that do cure shellac. They arent expensive so maybe would do you until they come in stock?
Ive never had a problem using the non cnd lamp so is a short fix so you don't disappoint clients xx

Other lamps may look like the product has cured but it may not have done. The only way you will know it has cured for sure is to use the CND one. I'm pretty sure that some insurers won't cover you unless you use the whole system.
There was a thread recently that explained that all 36w means is the power of the lamp ie how much electricity it consumes, it doesn't take into account placement of hands and the UV output which is the critical bit too Shellac curing fully x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought a cheap 36 watt lamp to do an experiment to see if it would cure as I've seen local salons use them with CND shellac. I wear enhancements so I put it on over them. Within about 2-3 days it was peeling up on many fingers and I sat and peeled it off, very satisfying! 😄 the CND lamp ensures a 5 finger cure, these cheapies really do not! The bulbs are not correctly placed to cure each finger at the same time

I am not saying the CND lamp is pointless, but I used a non branded lamp for 6 months and my clients shellac lasts 2-3 weeks. Proof is in the pudding for me. I just suggest if CND can't even keep up with the demand in manufacturing, then maybe this poster will benefit from a little short term alternative.
Oh and 36 watts is the power output. So both lamps have the same power output. X

I am not saying the CND lamp is pointless, but I used a non branded lamp for 6 months and my clients shellac lasts 2-3 weeks. Proof is in the pudding for me. I just suggest if CND can't even keep up with the demand in manufacturing, then maybe this poster will benefit from a little short term alternative.
Oh and 36 watts is the power output. So both lamps have the same power output. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile

app

It's not just lasting, it's also potential over exposure due to uncured product for your clients. You can't see this and not a professional thing to do at all.

I am highly professional thank you. Just trying to help a fellow geek with her current acute problem!

Yes, the same power output, not necessarily the same UV output and thats the important part in the curing process. That's my understanding anyway, of course I may be wrong.

I suppose on the majority of clients, there may be no reaction and a cheaper lamp will be seen as successful. But what if one client does suffer a reaction? It may never happen and I hope it doesn't but I don't think it's worth the risk, especially when insurance possibly won't pay out.

By the way, this is not a personal thing towards you, it's just my opinion

Yes, the same power output, not necessarily the same UV output and thats the important part in the curing process. That's my understanding anyway, of course I may be wrong.

I suppose on the majority of clients, there may be no reaction and a cheaper lamp will be seen as successful. But what if one client does suffer a reaction? It may never happen and I hope it doesn't but I don't think it's worth the risk, especially when insurance possibly won't pay out.

By the way, this is not a personal thing towards you, it's just my opinion

No I totally agree with you hun. As I said I dont believe in getting a non brand lamp over the cnd one, just a short term option until stock comes over from the US.
She could get clients to sign a disclaimer if they are desperate to keep their nail appts explain the reasons behind the temporary lamp and ask them the sign to agree.
Hopefully the cnd lamps will be in soon anyway :) xx

Do any of you use the cnd lamp for other products? I have dream gel and they don't have a branded lamp, I'm also mobile so don't want to be carting around loads of lamps if I can help it!! I'm not currently offering shellac but hoping to purchase this month.

Do any of you use the cnd lamp for other products? I have dream gel and they don't have a branded lamp, I'm also mobile so don't want to be carting around loads of lamps if I can help it!! I'm not currently offering shellac but hoping to purchase this month.

I use my CND for my IBD just gel polish as well as CND products :)

Tbh my understanding is that most lamps are 36 watts of power. But each lamp use different wavelengths to activate the photo-initiators and achieve the right amount of polymerisation.
Now I could be talking sense or a load of rubbish. However, I know that most CND techs won't use generic lamps.

Latest posts

Back