CND LED lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only time a 30 second cure would come in handy is for when I'm doing my own hand by hand, other than that the fastest I can perfectly paint a hand even with topcoat is just over a minute so 60 seconds sounds good to me, less time for the client to take her hand out and get fluff on it from her jumper!

The only time a 30 second cure would come in handy is for when I'm doing my own hand by hand, other than that the fastest I can perfectly paint a hand even with topcoat is just over a minute so 60 seconds sounds good to me, less time for the client to take her hand out and get fluff on it from her jumper!

I agree Eva, 30 secs would be useful for my own nails and the odd repair/replacement for clients but 60 secs is half the time of my old CND lamp.

So as I'm "a glass half full" kinda girl then this is a dramatic difference and I personally can't wait to see the back of that old lamp!

Karaxxx

Last edited:
I agree Eva, 30 secs would be useful for my own nails and the odd repair/replacement for clients but 60 secs is half the time of my old CND lamp.

So as I'm "a glass half full" kinds girl then this is a dramatic difference and I personally can't wait to see the back of that old lamp!

Karaxxx

Me either! I'll be glad to see the back of the old lamps x

If this is what is being launched at the event why has it been announced now? If we will be surprised at the price why would we pay 270 a ticket if this is what it's for? I thought the whole idea of the event is the surprise element of it all?xx

Yes you’re right! The whole point of The Event is the surprise element so although the launch of the new LED lamp and Top Coat has been released, there is still even more room for a surprise.

There is so much happening which you can find out about here: THE EVENT 4.0

Hope this helps :)

Beas literally just about to buy biosculptures newer led lamp for my bio.. Would this lamp cure BioSculpture? I would probably rather get 2 of these If it does because then I know I've always got a spare shellac lamp!

No it won't - I did a test for my sister who wouldn't have it that Cnd shellac won't cure fully in any LED light, it looked cured but when wiped it wrinkled. I have just bought 2 of the new bio Lamps and they do not evenly cure 5 fingers if the clients thumb is slightly out of line in the lamp although they are tiny & gorgeous for a LED light!

No it won't - I did a test for my sister who wouldn't have it that Cnd shellac won't cure fully in any LED light, it looked cured but when wiped it wrinkled. I have just bought 2 of the new bio Lamps and they do not evenly cure 5 fingers if the clients thumb is slightly out of line in the lamp although they are tiny & gorgeous for a LED light!

Do you mean your bio lamp won't cure your bio properly or shellac? I've used shellac loads of times in my current bio led lamp(the first version) but only on myself if I need to repair a nail! I've never had an issue with it wrinkling or not lasting.

Anyway I definitely want the shellac led lamp for my shellac but if it did cure the bio well then I would just stick to that!

Just thinking about the why use the cnd lamp argument. If a nail product used blue light to cure it would you use another lamp that produced a different colour of blue light? They are both blue so shouldn't be a problem surely? Move along the colour spectrum and what if that lamp was producing a blue-green light? Products cure based on the wavelength of the light ... Not the colour. UV lights can be a huge variety of wavelengths and colours. Just as a blue bulb can be a huge variety of colours and wavelengths.

Now to those complaining it's a 60second and not 30second cure why is that a problem? Can you really do an amazing flawless paint in 30seconds? And even if you say you can wouldn't it be great to just be able to take a few extra seconds to make sure it is perfect.

Also, CND Shellac is a premium industry leading product. One of the things that comes with premium products is space and time, people like to feel they get value for money and aren't being rushed out the door. You should be charging a decent price for your CND Shellac service, and that should be reflected in the customer experience.

Also, look at it from a marketing perspective. If you bake a cake and want it done quicker you turn the over up, it may bake it quicker but the result isn't as good. It isn't as evenly baked, it could be burnt on the top or around the edges. Allowing something to bake / cure around the slowly and properly gives a better result and longer lasting finish.

Over a complete treatment the extra 30seconds per step is the equivalent of three minutes per service. If you think you are loosing money by doing this then, like people who say double dipping with waxing costs them too much, I would suggest you look at how much you are charging. Put the price up by a pound or two.

Well said!

Will I be able to use this lamp when curing my IBX? As im currently using my CND lamp and would like to update it when the times comes, but I dont to have to lug 2 lamps out with me if a client wants IBX & Shellac!

Will I be able to use this lamp when curing my IBX? As im currently using my CND lamp and would like to update it when the times comes, but I dont to have to lug 2 lamps out with me if a client wants IBX & Shellac!

I would imagine that's something you would have to clarify with the manufacturers of IBX. I doubt if it's taken this long for CND to create an LED lamp to be successful with Shellac that they would have spent time testing on products they do not manufacture.

Do you mean your bio lamp won't cure your bio properly or shellac? I've used shellac loads of times in my current bio led lamp(the first version) but only on myself if I need to repair a nail! I've never had an issue with it wrinkling or not lasting.

Anyway I definitely want the shellac led lamp for my shellac but if it did cure the bio well then I would just stick to that!

Both, I wouldn't cure shellac in my bio lamp as your not guaranteed a full cure and for the sake of using my current cnd lamp for 2 mins I'll use that for shellac, my bio led lamps (2nd version) do not always cure the side of the thumbs - annoying when they are supposed to be five finger cure 😐.

Both, I wouldn't cure shellac in my bio lamp as your not guaranteed a full cure and for the sake of using my current cnd lamp for 2 mins I'll use that for shellac, my bio led lamps (2nd version) do not always cure the side of the thumbs - annoying when they are supposed to be five finger cure 😐.

Ok so this is really interesting now - were you under the impression that the new bio lamp was 5 finger cure? Because I was ... Rang bio yesterday to order one and they said no! It's the same as the first version so you have to do fingers separately to thumbs. The main difference is the light comes on automatically! What a let down. I'm sticking to my first version led until they bring out a proper 5 finger cure!

Ok so this is really interesting now - were you under the impression that the new bio lamp was 5 finger cure? Because I was ... Rang bio yesterday to order one and they said no! It's the same as the first version so you have to do fingers separately to thumbs. The main difference is the light comes on automatically! What a let down. I'm sticking to my first version led until they bring out a proper 5 finger cure!

I can't believe this I thought it was and I purchased two! Unbelievable Id have ordered the original versions of is known 😤 - thanks for informing me!

Can someone please PM me the price of the new lamp if anyone knows? Can't find it anywhere! Thanks in advance xx

Can someone please PM me the price of the new lamp if anyone knows? Can't find it anywhere! Thanks in advance xx

The launch is at the beginning of May, so not long to wait. I'm not sure if the cost will be available much before then.

The launch is at the beginning of May, so not long to wait. I'm not sure if the cost will be available much before then.
Thanks!

So as I'm "a glass half full" kinda girl then this is a dramatic difference and I personally can't wait to see the back of that old lamp!

Karaxxx

You work differently with a quicker lamp and it speeds up your service. Totally remove and prep the first hand, basecoat and put it in the lamp. While it is curing you start removing the product and prepping the first finger of the second hand. Switch back to the first for the first colour coat, again while it is curing remove product and prep the second finger of of the second hand etc. By the time the first hand is fully cured and complete, the second hand will be nearly ready for painting. This system also means that there is no chance of a client messing up a nail mid process.

I was so excited with the first post, then deflated at the thought it was an April Fools joke, excited again when I realised it was unlikely to be a joke and now deflated at the thought of a fight to get one at the launch.

S2 please get enough in, having been a Shellac girl from the get go, I couldn't stand the whole "out of stock" fiasco again.

So many excited/deflated moments in one day lol

Karaxxx

Twice are we going back to 2010 out of stock fiasco? That was a horrid time for us all for sure... That was the launch of CND Shellac when CND didn't realise it made the mother of all products and that EVERYONE wanted it.

So tomorrow at 4pm I am doing an Ask Samantha on Twitter... And it's only in the new LED and XPRESS5... By the way none of you are right on X5... There are 2 HUGE USP's on this.... Can't wait to tell you all... And those coming to THE Event... Well.... Who knows!!!!!!

This looks brill only hope it's not too over priced x
Lisa I don't think any of our products are over-priced. We try very hard to make them cost effective for the professional. HTH's.

I'm opening myself up to a whole lot of abuse here......

I use the old cnd lamp to cure bio sculpture (I know, I know!!!) because I love it, in my opinion it's the best lamp out there, mainly because of the 5 finger cure, but also because I think the settings are great. I'd hate to have to change now that the new led lamp is coming out, do we think they will discontinue the uv lamp?

Hey Laura,

There is a good chance that the original UV lamps will eventually be discontinued, however we have stocked up on them to ensure continuity of supply. CND will also continue with bulbs for the foreseeable future. We will also make sure we work to keep overstocked on lamps and bulbs to maintain supply for customers that need it.

But you really should be using the Bio Sculpture light for complete cure of their system! :)

Latest posts

Back