CND polish vs O.P.I.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what about CND's bottle. I just love it. Easy to open and nice to handle.

Personally, I prefer OPI polishes. Dry quicker, they have alot of colours that the CND polished and effects cannot create. Also, they bring out so many new ones all the time.

Also, they are bringing out their version of shellac in January....

They are made to Match your OPI polishes which is great usp. Also, solvent free and apparently no need to buff the natural nail before hand! I personally can't wait to try this stuff! Hope it lives up to expectations! x

No buffing the natural nail with Shellac either ;)
Vicki xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

No buffing the natural nail with Shellac either ;)
Vicki xx

I was told by S2 to prep the nail as you would an enhancement - minus the primer. this equates to light buffing to remove surface shine.

I was told by S2 to prep the nail as you would an enhancement - minus the primer. this equates to light buffing to remove surface shine.

Really from S2? You dont need to remove shine for shellac either. Im looking forward to opi gel colour as the colours are much nicer than shellac colours, I think it is going to be more like gelish but without having to remove the shine from the nail or buff the top coat to remove.

Cant wait to try as if I like I will get rid of shellac and gelish :lol:

Really from S2? You dont need to remove shine for shellac either. Im looking forward to opi gel colour as the colours are much nicer than shellac colours, I think it is going to be more like gelish but without having to remove the shine from the nail or buff the top coat to remove.

Cant wait to try as if I like I will get rid of shellac and gelish :lol:

You have to do both things with the new OPI GelColor i.e. buff the natural nail and buff the topcoat for removal.

I love Gelish but might get a few of the OPI popular colours.

You have to do both things with the new OPI GelColor i.e. buff the natural nail and buff the topcoat for removal.

I love Gelish but might get a few of the OPI popular colours.

Not what they told me today they said no buffing of natural nail or top coat. :lol:

I love OPI.
Can't wait for their new gel polish to come out.
We use Shellac and love it but with OPI having matching polish is a great selling point. We have a lot of clients that just want regular polish on their toes but it's hard to match the colours up. With OPI we won't have to do that so will definitely look into when it comes out.

Well that's not what i was taught on my Shellac training.
Vicki xx

No, you were not taught to lightly buff. Not in a million years lol ... Not even a possibility.
We specifically teach PEP and not prep for Shellac. The R is removed the R stands for remove surface shine. No one would teach any differently to that and it is highlighted in every class. You must have got confused there.

Last edited:
No, you were not taught to lightly buff. Not in a million years lol ... Not even a possibility.
We specifically teach PEP and not prep for Shellac. The R is removed the R stands for remove surface shine. No one would teach any differently to that and it is highlighted in every class. You must have got confused there.

Actually yes I was.? The very first week it came out I asked in the shop how it worked/the procedure and this is what I was told. So please dont tell me "not in. Million years" as I was told this. I have absolutely no reason to make that up and I'm surprised you have told me that basically I am? And is there really any need to put LOL? I do sometimes find your responses slightly offensive. I love shellac and so do my clients. Im not criticising it - I'm am just simply pointing out differences? Like - OPI gel polish is solvent free, therefor no matter how many times You use it, the consistency stays the same. Whereas with shellac, it's starts to thicken the more you use it.

Not what they told me today they said no buffing of natural nail or top coat. :lol:

Yes I got told the same last week by the OPI rep herself x

Yes I got told the same last week by the OPI rep herself x

I spoke to them again yesterday and they confirmed that you do not need to buff the nail or the top coat to remove, great news :lol::lol:

Fab news.! Sounding better than shellac minute by minute! The whole colour matching to polish thing has sold it to me anyway! Can't wait til jan! xx

I personally love OPI polishes myself, the big brush is great for me, I don't find the need for a second coat and I don't even need a base coat for it to stay on well, amazing array of colours too. :)

However, I start my training with CND in January and will be using their polishes so we shall see how it fairs up. I'm a careful polisher so I think from what you guys are saying with the quick drying of CND polishes, I will find this a bit of a pain.

I personally love OPI polishes myself, the big brush is great for me, I don't find the need for a second coat and I don't even need a base coat for it to stay on well, amazing array of colours too. :)

However, I start my training with CND in January and will be using their polishes so we shall see how it fairs up. I'm a careful polisher so I think from what you guys are saying with the quick drying of CND polishes, I will find this a bit of a pain.

Ive careful hun saying you don't need a base coat or 2 coats lol - no
Doubt someone on here will tell you how wrong you are!!! ;)

But I agree. Such good coverage! I find OPI dries better than CND, plus they Are much glossier when dry. x

Nonooo lol, I do use the base coat, one coat of the laquer and a top coat..just saying for ME personally I don't have to have the base coat lol. Certainly wouldn't do that on clients though, don't panic :p

You are right though when your in a rush for a night out, or something it doesn't do bad without a base coat at all. Xxx

Latest posts

Back