CND ScrubFresh - pathogen fighters?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wee Fee

Reaction score
I was going to answer a question in a ScrubFresh thread yesterday about pathogen fighters and when I finished class and came to do it the thread was gone. I believe it's important to get this info out there so here it is.

CND ScrubFresh does two things;
- temporarily dehydrates the nail plate (that's down to the acetone in it)
- kills pathogens like bacteria, fungi and viruses (this is down top the Isopropanol)

Until about 2 years ago CND ScrubFresh also contained parabens. Having parabens in the formula meant that ScrubFresh not only killed pathogens but also left behind pathogen fighters on the nail plate.
ScrubFresh hasn't contained parabens for almost 2 years. They decided to remove the parabens as many people in the world today are concerned at the perceived harm that can be caused by them - all you have to do is a quick search for 'paraben free' and you'll find out what that's all about.

As always I encourage every professional to be in possession of the MSDS for every product they use. ALL CND MSDS are available on cnd.com whenever you want to read up on any particular product.

Happy ScrubFreshing :)

Last edited:
Thanks WeeFee!

I too looked for the thread but I think the OP may have deleted it as it got way of topic with some unpleasant innuendo!!

The basis of the discussion was good though. This is really useful info.

I do think it's a shame that there is so much negative feeling about certain ingredients that do a good job and there is little or no real evidence that they are harmful at all! Just look at all the hype about 3 free and 4 free polishes and mentions of 'toxic chemicals'.

Of course there is someone allergic to every chemical (even water) but there is some very interesting facts in Doug Schoon's book that puts it all into perspective. :cool:

Thanks for responding Fiona ... I can always count on you. yes the OP deleted her own thread as I'm sure she disliked the ugly way it was going which was not her intention and it had gone way off topic to her original post.

Salongeek rules say that posts are supposed to be constructive ... not just nasty for nastiness sake. this now deleted thread was posted over the weekend ... most of us were enjoying the lovely weather with family and friends I hope, as I was and am doing for the next 4 or 5 weeks ... they weren't glued to salongeek. Soon as I saw the post had been deleted this morning I first asked the mods about it and then I asked wee fee to respond on behalf of CND as I felt it was important that people knew the information. ScrubFresh is a superb product as we all know and it also does the job perfectly as we all know in a way that just using pure Acetone cannot on its own.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this, can I ask what MSD's stands for please? I'm guessing they are ingredient lists but just want to make sure I'm fully informed of the products!

MSDS stands for Material Safety Data Sheet. You can download them for each of the products that you use [emoji4]

I was going to answer a question in a ScrubFresh thread yesterday about pathogen fighters and when I finished class and came to do it the thread was gone. I believe it's important to get this info out there so here it is.

CND ScrubFresh does two things;
- temporarily dehydrates the nail plate (that's down to the acetone in it)
- kills pathogens like bacteria, fungi and viruses (this is down top the Isopropanol)

Until about 2 years ago CND ScrubFresh also contained parabens. Having parabens in the formula meant that ScrubFresh not only killed pathogens but also left behind pathogen fighters on the nail plate.
ScrubFresh hasn't contained parabens for almost 2 years. They decided to remove the parabens as many people in the world today are concerned at the perceived harm that can be caused by them - all you have to do is a quick search for 'paraben free' and you'll find out what that's all about.

As always I encourage every professional to be in possession of the MSDS for every product they use. ALL CND MSDS are available on cnd.com whenever you want to read up on any particular product.

Happy ScrubFreshing :)

Not only parabens, also Triclosan. Triclosan is an effective desinfection agent. Works against bacteries, viruses and fungi. But it is also an critical substance, perhaps therefore it was taken out of the formula.

MSDS stands for Material Safety Data Sheet. You can download them for each of the products that you use [emoji4]
Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back