CND Shellac - Base Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile-hands

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just purchased my CND Shellac kit and having my training next Tuesday but being impatient I wanted to have a little play :)

I know you shake the colours, but do you shake the base and top coat there is no mention of this on the kit or bottles.

Thanks from an Excited Newby Nail Geek
x

Hi All

I have just purchased my CND Shellac kit and having my training next Tuesday but being impatient I wanted to have a little play :)

I know you shake the colours, but do you shake the base and top coat there is no mention of this on the kit or bottles.

Thanks from an Excited Newby Nail Geek
x

Oooooh exciting!!!! Yes, shake both - especially top coat as this can be gloopy unless you give it a good 30-60 second shake!!

Happy Shellacking!! :) xx

Better not to shake, but to tap the bottle against the heel of your hand while turning it. I don't think I have ever had to do this longer than 15 or 20 seconds in the 5 years I have been using Shellac.

You do not have to be an Olympic shaker to use and enjoy using Shellac. Just tap tap tap and turn turn turn while you are doing it and the whole room does not have to shake.

You do not have to be an Olympic shaker to use and enjoy using Shellac. Just tap tap tap and turn turn turn while you are doing it and the whole room does not have to shake.

Haha! That made me giggle and snort. I'm guilty of doing that sometimes. :o

Has anyone got any other little tips to make the best out of your shellac?

Do you always use oil after the treatment has finished? Just any hints or tips you've learnt?!

Has anyone got any other little tips to make the best out of your shellac?

Do you always use oil after the treatment has finished? Just any hints or tips you've learnt?!

Of course you do. Teach by example. If you don't use it .. why should they feel the need? Start as you mean them to go on. no one and I mean no one, whould leave your table without having purchased a bottle of Solar Oil .. if they do, then you have failed to teach them the importance of using it.

Last edited:
Better not to shake, but to tap the bottle against the heel of your hand while turning it. I don't think I have ever had to do this longer than 15 or 20 seconds in the 5 years I have been using Shellac.

Yep that's what I meant by Shake - tap & turn! My nail room is quite cold so feel I need to give my topcoat at least 30 seconds xx

Yep that's what I meant by Shake - tap & turn! My nail room is quite cold so feel I need to give my topcoat at least 30 seconds xx

Best to explain what you really mean if you want to teach people how to do things properly .. tap and turn is not definitely not the same as saying 'shake it'.

I have now painted several nail pops and loved it so much I have even done my own nails (although they are so short after a recent decorating session of my new room!) but it's amazing... Roll on next week so I can go live on the paying public!
Thanks for all the advice and if anyone else fancies adding any tips please feel free, however I understand also if you don't want too :)

I have now painted several nail pops and loved it so much I have even done my own nails (although they are so short after a recent decorating session of my new room!) but it's amazing... Roll on next week so I can go live on the paying public!
Thanks for all the advice and if anyone else fancies adding any tips please feel free, however I understand also if you don't want too :)

Good luck. 😀I've purchased my kit too my training is at the end of the month ... Obviously I only have the four shades in the pack could anybody recommend the most popular shades to go for as I can't afford to buy several at this time. Thanku 🎀🎀x

Best to explain what you really mean if you want to teach people how to do things properly .. tap and turn is not definitely not the same as saying 'shake it'.

Yes, apologies - I use the term "Shake" as that's how I explain tapping & turning! Sorry...obviously to someone new to Shellac this would probably mean something else. In this video The FingerNailFixer describes her "shaking" also as tapping & turning.

http://youtu.be/dz1ooY684J8

Colours...
- Tinted Love
- Decadence
- Pink Bikini
- Fedora
- Tropix - probably more of a summer colour though.

Good luck with your training. I guarantee you will love it! Hope all goes well x

Tinted love is my most popular by far!

Oh no, I feel I may have misguided people in that case as I was taught to give the Shellac a 'really good shake for at least 30 seconds'. This was what I was told in my Shellac brings em back course so that's what I do...
Touch wood I have never had any trouble with my applications so it can't be doing any harm, however, I am an Olympic shaker! I would win gold!
I think I may change to turning and tapping and see how I go

Oh no, I feel I may have misguided people in that case as I was taught to give the Shellac a 'really good shake for at least 30 seconds'. This was what I was told in my Shellac brings em back course so that's what I do...
Touch wood I have never had any trouble with my applications so it can't be doing any harm, however, I am an Olympic shaker! I would win gold!
I think I may change to turning and tapping and see how I go

Yes I must agree I did my Shellac training in August & we were told to shake all bottles vigorously for 60secs once a day. :confused:

Perfectly Pampered Hands

There are always a few ways to do things .. some are easier than others .. as long as the product is mixed well than that is the important thing. If you prefer to be an Olympic shaker or a tapper and turner then that is your choice .. I do what is easiest and quickest ... no way am I going to spend three minutes shaking 3 differnt bottles when one minute at 20 seconds each will do .. but if you feel anyone needs the excercise then go for it. :D

Latest posts

Back