CND Shellac discolouring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Blossom....she must have asked 3 times if it's just one hand!!! Just answer her before she implodes :p;)

Lol [emoji23]

Looks like she's been dying her hair and her gloves have pierced
One of them great mysteries of life

Poor Blossom....she must have asked 3 times if it's just one hand!!! Just answer her before she implodes :p;)

Is this normal Topcoat or Express 5?

I use Express 5.
Thats interesting....I saw a FB post about someone with a similar issue and one of the responses was that Express 5 applied too thickly was thought to be the issue. I can't confirm or deny it, and it wasn't an official answer, it was just a reponse from another poster to a FB post so it could be wrong.

It would explain why both hand were affected and all over each nail, and predominently at the FE where the bulk of the topcoat would be. It wouldn't explain why only her experiencing it, and none of your other clients (as I assume you put the same amount of Topcoat on all of your clients). But it would explain why it's happened with both colours/appointments.

Do you have a normal topcoat to try on her? It might be a combination of something she's doing and the Express 5 that your other clients are not.....moisturisers/shampoo/antibac wipes/??????

Thank you.I only buy Xpress 5 and no longer stock normal Top coat. It will be interesting to see if it happens with another brand.

Thank you.I only buy Xpress 5 and no longer stock normal Top coat. It will be interesting to see if it happens with another brand.

Are you using something else on her or has she gone elsewhere??

Its ok i didn't implode, Sharon answered just in time, so relax ;) lol

Are you using something else on her or has she gone elsewhere??
I also have a gel polish line, she wants me to use that next time.

I just had a brain wave . My one client has super super long acrylic and she always insists on changing her topcoat which is a polish every 3 days and I asked why she said well duh I am grey and I dye my hair reddish brown colour so when I wash it there it stains my nails from washing , you won't believe what colour does to my pillows !

So perhaps she is using box home dye which could be the culprit !

Ha I bet you that's it

I just had a brain wave . My one client has super super long acrylic and she always insists on changing her topcoat which is a polish every 3 days and I asked why she said well duh I am grey and I dye my hair reddish brown colour so when I wash it there it stains my nails from washing , you won't believe what colour does to my pillows !

So perhaps she is using box home dye which could be the culprit !

Ha I bet you that's it

I have said about hair dye up there [emoji651]️[emoji651]️[emoji651]️ it's the worse

CocoAllure, You said dying her hair meaning the process of actually dye and gloves ; yes I agree it's hectic for nails or even your hands.

I am meaning just washing her hair. Some dyes stain the pillow slips and stuff so this could be a possibility

CocoAllure, You said dying her hair meaning the process of actually dye and gloves ; yes I agree it's hectic for nails or even your hands.

I am meaning just washing her hair. Some dyes stain the pillow slips and stuff so this could be a possibility

Yes the box hair dyes are so strong you rinse your hair for days and the dye still runs everywhere! so I'm certain it's a possibility

Ive had this happen once to a client who had salmon run shellac, it was a dye from something she had touched and it just wore off naturally after a few days. I would ask her to try and remove it with acetone free polish remover or even alcohol and see if it comes off. I've eaten curry and my nails have gone this colour before but it does come off with d*sperse.
I have read threads about people having problems with xpress5 top coat appearing yellow, but as someone has mentioned this is because its been applied too thickly and hasnt cured properly (its yellow in the bottle)but you would have noticed this when you were removing the sticky layer after curing so I would have said defo something she has touched and not you xx

Latest posts

Back