CND Shellac Fake?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had an email from head office a few weeks ago advising us of the change in the packaging of shellac bottles Please see attached details and advise customer accordingly if you get any queries....

CND is transitioning all Shellac colors into new packaging.

You will notice that bottles are incased in a colored sleeve. We have moved away from spray colored bottles in favor of this new sleeve which allow us move flexibility and improved efficiencies.

The bottles can be either dark brown/black or white depending on the color of the sleeve. Lighter colors will have a white bottle and darker colors will be in the brown/black bottle. You will not actually see the bottle except for when you remove the cap and underneath the bottom.
Hope this helps xoxox

Well I wish I'd known ... I've been freaking out! Thanks for saving me a sleepless night, Jeni. :hug:

I had a little freak out myself! The new colours I bought at Olympia were just like this, with the coloured sleeves. I was so baffled after reading the first page of the thread x

I just assumed bottles had changed because I bought from s2 so new it was genuine :-/ otherwise I would have panicked lol x

Ohh thank goodness. Yes its just like the one pictured thank you so much. The company has a website, and I think as Im new I just assumed if they have a full running website then they must be monitored by CND? That said I will be sticking to S2 in future to save the worry. I guess I will just have to wait to make a bulk order rather than my one colour every few days as I was doing. Thanks so much for your help.

Ohh thank goodness. Yes its just like the one pictured thank you so much. The company has a website, and I think as Im new I just assumed if they have a full running website then they must be monitored by CND? That said I will be sticking to S2 in future to save the worry. I guess I will just have to wait to make a bulk order rather than my one colour every few days as I was doing. Thanks so much for your help.

Please still register details with S2 of the company that threatened you with legal action. Samuel would want to know about that xx

Yes. I would.

Email, call or PM me details. Also feel free to mention their name. They can only pursue legal action (against me) if the post is untrue or puts them in disrepute. If they are importing and distributing into the EU without consent from the IP owners, then they would be breaking the law.

Summary: lemme know. Ill gladly handle it.

Now we have the go ahead I'd love to know which 'company' threatened you with legal action for saying their name, just so we know which sites to avoid!

Actually, the labelling has changed! They now have coloured shrink wrapped plastic around where they didn't before

They font lay out has changed also.

However, I can't imagine that they are very reputable if they have threatened you with legal action.

a member of nail geek was threatened by nail harmony if she didnt drop her questions over their animal testing, if your concerned about animal welfare or not it doesn't look good on them as a company to resort to threats of legal action.

I also have a white tropix bottle. I also noticed that the latest base coat has a black back instead of silver (I nearly mistook it for blackpool!) and the UV letters on the front of the bottles have now gone? Is this right?

It's right if its from Sweet Squared or one of their subs ... if so, you haven't a worry in the world ... now everyone stop stressing over a label change? :green:

Haha my bottles have changed too. Never even noticed until I just looked after reading this thread. Mine come from Creative Academy + Manchester probably why I never looked. Do tweaks to the packaging really matter if you're buying from an official source? I think you only need to question the difference if you're not buying from an official source. As Geeg said, get yourself registered with S2 and save yourself the worry and know that no matter how it comes, its real xx

Like a few others I never noticed till I went & checked!

One thing I do notice as a difference (the only thing) is some of my bottles have rubber handles which I like (I know, it's sad) is that an old or new thing or what? I want them all to have that! :D Xx

Like a few others I never noticed till I went & checked!

One thing I do notice as a difference (the only thing) is some of my bottles have rubber handles which I like (I know, it's sad) is that an old or new thing or what? I want them all to have that! :D Xx

When we had the rubber handles at the outset 3 years ago, everyone complained they looked dusty and dirty and were difficult to clean :| ... lets just say, they are experimenting with a few things all in the name of making life better and easier for the nail technicians and you can voice your opinion by contacting cnd.com which will have the greatest effect. I dont think they have a person who looks at Salon geek all day !! Maybe they should? Hey ... maybe I could get paid for this?? :idea:

When we had the rubber handles at the outset 3 years ago, everyone complained they looked dusty and dirty and were difficult to clean :| ... lets just say, they are experimenting with a few things all in the name of making life better and easier for the nail technicians and you can voice your opinion by contacting cnd.com which will have the greatest effect. I dont think they have a person who looks at Salon geek all day !! Maybe they should? Hey ... maybe I could get paid for this?? :idea:

Haha indeed!

I'm not too concerned, just liked the rubber handles :D

You are such a tease by the way Geeg ;) you're dying to tell us something I know it. This is why I could never be on the inside of anything I'd be terrible at keeping things schtum!

Xx

Haha indeed!

I'm not too concerned, just liked the rubber handles :D

You are such a tease by the way Geeg ;) you're dying to tell us something I know it. This is why I could never be on the inside of anything I'd be terrible at keeping things schtum!

Xx

I know! It is hard to keep happy secrets ... just bubbling to tell.

But as many here on the site will tell you :lol:, I never ever repeat what someone has told me in private ... NEVER. What's told to me, stays with me.

Latest posts

Back