CND Shellac from eBay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummyMummy2014

Reaction score
Does anyone buy their shellac from eBay? I've seen it for around £xx and it says CND- genuine?? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409578706.901049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But how would you know whether its genuine or not? I really is never worth the risk, buy your professional products from professional suppliers because not only will you get genuine products but you get ongoing support too.

Hmm I was going to purchase some from eBay but I'm really unsure if it will be genuine at that price 😕

It's always best to buy your products from the official distributers. People on ebay can say anything and you won't know if it's true or not. In my opinion it's not worth the risk of possible permanent damage to your clients nails, if they were to have a reaction. CND Shellac might be hypo-allergenic but you can't be certain this stuff is the real deal.

Noooooooooo

Don't do it. They'll tell you it's genuine but won't be able to prove it. Buy from the authorised distributor Sweet squared or Ellisons

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

As good as they look,this could be a library picture? Your products may cause burns,reactions etc,you wont be covered by your insurance,and your reputation could be ruined for buying cheap fakes,why risk it? I wouldnt, we know how much they cost,thats what it is, buy quality true products from our true distributers

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely don't!!!
A tech in my area asked me to check some of her shellac from ebay...looked identical couldn't tell at all as a customer...but there was no serial number on the bottom or back of the bottle just a holographic sticker...they stunk too
Definitely not worth the risk your insurance wouldn't cover either x

Don't do it, if you're charging your clients the right amount don't they deserve to have bona fide products. You've no proof they are genuine and the fakes can be really convincing. Think how you'd feel if you paid for something and then found out the provider had "done it on the cheap".

Not worth the risk.

Karaxxx

Why would you do that?!

Distributers spend an absolute fortune on building brands reputations of marketing. Setting up training, advertising their brands, loosing small forum yes featuring them at trade shows. And of course making sure your clients want the service.

But clearly they don't deserve your support by buying appropriately. How annoyed are you when a client turns up and says they can get the 'same' service half price down the road? How annoyed are you when most of your clients do that and don't come back to you?

Support the OFFICIAL distributors of products or loose access to them all together.

Why would you even think of buying off e***, either for yourself or your clients? If you have invested in CND Shellac initially, and advertised this as your brand of choice, would it not amount to fraud to use a product you can't substantiate! Don't risk your livelihood to save a few pounds. Use your hard earned money to expand your stock, either CND Shellac polishes, CND additives or CND Vinylux. Value your good reputation, yourself and your clients. Better a good reputation than none at all. :)

Your insurance will become invalid if you buy from here. Only purchase your products from the official authorised distributor- I.e Sweet Squared.

I agree with the others...definitely not. We have seen there are some really good fakes and you won't be able to tell the difference until it's too late. There are so many consequences...hurting your clients, invalid insurance, gaining a bad reputation, losing clients as the product doesn't last on nails, losing money etc.
Quite often they aren't that much cheaper anyway.
Give your clients what they deserve with the professional service and products you advertise. If you buy from authorised distributors you have the training and the back-up should something not be right xx

i wondered this, so i looked at the negative feedback on ebay for the seller and there were quite a few disgruntled customers who said it wasnt the real deal! steer clear x

Latest posts

Back