CND Shellac frustration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shellac is just as much of a gel polish than gelish, it's so irritating when people think it's actually a hybrid of standard nail polish and gel.. It really isn't it was a way of marketing it when it first launched.. When shellac was first launched I think all (or most) gel products where thicker sculpting gels and where in little pots and applied with a gel brush, and I think most of them, maybe all of them where file off... So the marketing slogan applies like polish (because you apply it out of a bottle with it's own wand, and the thinner consistency). Wears like a gel (because it is a gel). Removes in minutes (been a soak off product). It's not a hybrid at all, it was just further advancements in gel technology, and at the time it was a new thing or any of the other competitors weren't well marketed yet or known to the public.. So that's was the perfect and easily understandable way to market it.

Yeees! Absolutely, so frustrating. All nail polishes that apply like regular nail polish, that must cure in a uv light, and last two weeks, in my eyes, are all in the same category!!!! Is it not common sense? I feel as though it's like of I said, "OPI is a NAIL LAQUER not a nail polish, totally different and unique from China Glaze which is a nail polish". NO! They're both nail polishes, who would ever put them in different categories? No one. Same should go to all uv dried nail polishes. They all have the same end result

Sorry I don't agree, shellac is shellac it's a product in its own right. Gel is also a product in its own right. There is no other brand that can call its self shellac because there is only one cnd shellac. It's a long lasting polish not a gel product.

Shellac is just as much of a gel polish than gelish, it's so irritating when people think it's actually a hybrid of standard nail polish and gel.. It really isn't it was a way of marketing it when it first launched.. When shellac was first launched I think all (or most) gel products where thicker sculpting gels and where in little pots and applied with a gel brush, and I think most of them, maybe all of them where file off... So the marketing slogan applies like polish (because you apply it out of a bottle with it's own wand, and the thinner consistency). Wears like a gel (because it is a gel). Removes in minutes (been a soak off product). It's not a hybrid at all, it was just further advancements in gel technology, and at the time it was a new thing or any of the other competitors weren't well marketed yet or known to the public.. So that's was the perfect and easily understandable way to market it.

Why did CND win 6 patents for Shellac for then ?

To be fair this is a 'discussion' that has been on going for years and one of which, will no doubt continue to run. I guess in the end you will all believe what you want to believe and research thoroughly yourself if it bothers you that much and I mean research properly... Not just by quickly googling people's opinions.
I have battled with the same argument with myself and after weeks and weeks of research and scientific facts (yes I am a geek!) I am personally satisfied that Gel Polishes and CND Shellac are two different products.
I offer both Gelish and CND Shellac in my salon and I love them both for very different reasons.
As Rinn has correctly pointed out CND have finally won the Shellac patent regarding 'polish' (plus others)which has taken years to obtain and not something that is just handed out.
CND Shellac is a Power Polish.
:)

Yeees! Absolutely, so frustrating. All nail polishes that apply like regular nail polish, that must cure in a uv light, and last two weeks, in my eyes, are all in the same category!!!! Is it not common sense? I feel as though it's like of I said, "OPI is a NAIL LAQUER not a nail polish, totally different and unique from China Glaze which is a nail polish". NO! They're both nail polishes, who would ever put them in different categories? No one. Same should go to all uv dried nail polishes. They all have the same end result

I think this is your problem. Whilst you are confused about the differences in your products then so too will your clients. Get the different msds sheets, look at the ingredients, see how they're different, learn the differences between the products, because they ARE not the same.

Once you understand how they differ you will then be able to adjust your marketing to reflect this :hug:

Latest posts

Back