CND Solar Oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VelvetRose80

Reaction score
Morning All,

I'm just posting to ask if anyone has had any problems/issues with ordering CND Solar Oil (7.3ml Pack of 12x).

I placed an order with a well know supplier, but everytime I called to see when I'll be in receipt of the goods I kept been told different dates that it'll be back in stock. Anyway this morning I called the Suppliers again and was advised that I couldn't be given an update something to do with the ingredient for the product was proving difficulty to get hold of:confused:.

So just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this recently.

Many Thanks! xx

Which supplier have you ordered from?
Rhiannon x

I have had the same problem, the Scottish distributor the Fingertips Centre has none in stock as I wanted to order the 12 pack the other day. They also said Head Office S2 had none.
I ended up ordering more pinkie size oils as I don't think my clients will go from pinkie size price up to a retail price of £11.95 for the half ounce bottle. The 1/4 oz (7.3ml) would have been a good stepping stone price wise for me to sell.
The girl at Fingertips was very helpful though and I am now kicking myself that I didn't just get a few of the 1/2 oz sizes to see how they went !

I am sure I saw on here that :

1. the jojoba harvest has been hit badly and it has caused problems with manufacture of Solar Oil.
2. The 1/4 oz (7.3ml) was being discontinued.

It isn't a major problem as other sizes are available but it would be nice to know for sure if this has been discontinued.

I've not been able to get the 7.3ml for a while but my clients are actually preferring the larger 15ml size. Definitely worth a try x

Thank you all for your replies. I was ordering from Ellisons, I did call Sweet Square and was advised that they too were out of stock if the 7.3ml.

I might have to try try the Pinkie size and see how I get on Retail wise.

Many thanks again. X

Thank you all for your replies. I was ordering from Ellisons, I did call Sweet Square and was advised that they too were out of stock if the 7.3ml.

I might have to try try the Pinkie size and see how I get on Retail wise.

Many thanks again. X

My pinkies sell really well so I'm sure you won't have a problem :)
Rhiannon x

I am the same as you izzidoll.

I am wanting a bigger size for my clients who are getting through the pinkies too fast but I thought the 15ml may be too expensive for them. In the catalogue it says to retail them at £12.95 I think izzidoll.

I am holding off for the 7.3 but if they're not in by Friday i will go ahead with my order and order a couple 15ml and see how they go.

Oh I just noticed you said they may be getting discontinued. That's rubbish as is a BIG jump in price. I have some people buying a new pinkie every 3/4 weeks though so they would save in the long run.

i agree .... ive been waiting weeks if not months for the 1/4's when i rang s2 they advised they were hoping for end of february delivery ?!

we need the 1/4s as well as the pinkies and 1/2's definitely, theres a market for them all here

my clients have noticed and are not happy with solar butter since it changed, smaller amount and not as thick / rich as before

there seems to have been quite a few changes, gosh going back to master series brushes/heads being discontinued, i love the brand but some of the changes are not good here for me and my clients

however !! im loving interlink delivering my products again ... hour slot notification ... thank you x im hoping they'll hear our cries too for bringing back polishes that match our shellac colours too!

kx

Oh I just noticed you said they may be getting discontinued. That's rubbish as is a BIG jump in price. I have some people buying a new pinkie every 3/4 weeks though so they would save in the long run.

Oh end of Feb? They said to me on the phone they were hoping to get them in this week? Thats annoying! I will wait till Friday anyways and if not then I will just put my order through.

Ahhh I wish they would keep the 1/4oz too.

x

Oh end of Feb? They said to me on the phone they were hoping to get them in this week? Thats annoying! I will wait till Friday anyways and if not then I will just put my order through.

Ahhh I wish they would keep the 1/4oz too.

x

We do not carry any size for retail but the half oz. Our policy is ... If we are going to do the work to sell it, might as well get the best return for our labour. That would be on the half oz size. If clients see one size, they buy that size. We only buy pinkies for Xmas for gifts.

Yeah geeg thats a good way of looking at it.

I suppose I will have to get some on the 1/2oz in :). Hope the clients want to pay for it though. Thank you for your words of wisdom. X

If you think about it £12.95 is not a lot of money for a fab product like solar oil. I bet if you went into boots the prices of other brands not as good as solar oil would be the same. It's only us that think the clients won't pay it. If the client knows they are getting a fantastic product that is going to transform their nails then it's a bargain!

If you think about it £12.95 is not a lot of money for a fab product like solar oil. I bet if you went into boots the prices of other brands not as good as solar oil would be the same. It's only us that think the clients won't pay it. If the client knows they are getting a fantastic product that is going to transform their nails then it's a bargain!

Your totally right! Also it lasts ages so it's well worth the money x

I know girls and I totally agree. I just worry my clients won't look at it that way :) x

I still think it is a big jump up from a pinky at £3, to £12 for a 1/2 oz size.
The 1/4 oz filled the gap perfectly and at £6.95 is a great price for a fab product.

Also at that price it is easily affordable when adding onto a service like gelish or shellac at the £23-£25 mark for clients.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that some will be available at the end of February.

I'm thinking the same way as you izzidoll :)

Latest posts

Back