CND UV Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yonnamalone

Reaction score
I have just received my uv lamp and am trying to set it up. The instructions that came with it aren't very clear and there are only three bulbs. I think I am going mad as there should be four bulbs right? Gutted a have just take my shellac off and won't be able to put it back on!!! Also I can't get the top to come off. Any words of wisdom out there?

I'm not with my light at the moment but know that removing the lid is a pit!! It usually takes us at my salon two people one to hold the lamp firmly down on the table and another to remove the lid use your thumbs like the instructions say pushing out and pulling up and out in one motion..that said it is HARD hang in there it will happen. Also I'm not sure how many bulbs are to be, but if you are minus one CND is more that accommodating if you are stateside contact their hotline they usually right the problem and make it more than better :) good luck the lamp is fabulous good luck and get shellackin:)

Hi there The Lid is tricky! Little tip I got an orange wood stick and placed it in the gap where your tryin to pul it out from almost as if it's a wedge. It seems to help it pop out. Easy! And yes definitely is four bulbs

Try Fingernail Fixer's videos on You Tube.

I had problems trying to get the top off of my lamp, until I came across these vids, they're brilliant.

Hope this helps x

Another vote for Holly's video. Had mine off in a flash, with no issues. Yes, you should have four bulbs! :eek:

I thought the new 5 finger one was only 3 bulbs s2 sell packs of 4 bulbs & 3 bulbs

I thought the new 5 finger one was only 3 bulbs s2 sell packs of 4 bulbs & 3 bulbs
The 5 finger cure new lamp is definately 4 bulbs, thats how it's a 5 finger cure, 4 stratigically placed bulbs.
The vintage Brisa lamp is the only cnd lamp that requires 3 bulbs and that is a 4 finger 2 thumb cure lamp.
CND still sell the replacement bulbs for the brisa lamp hence why 4 and 3 bulb options.
OP you will need to contact your supplier and inform them that you only recieved 3 bulbs as you cannot use the lamp without the 4th
.Jen xx

My 5 fingers lamp has 4 bulbs too. I also find fingernailfixer vid was fab so is the official CND video on how to assemble your lamp. x

Lol I got it the wrong way round!!!

Thanks guys I'll give them a call to try and get a new one as all the protective wrapping had been removed too. Will I be able to cope with naked nails till then!!

Latest posts

Back