Cold sore remedies?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
I don't often get cold sores but right now I have two and my lip has ballooned hah! What gets rid of them quickly? Any natural remedies

Not natural, but after years of trying to heal them with things that dry them out and make them very painful, I now use Blisteze (or Blistex) Daily lip conditioner. It comes in a little pot, and I use a clean finger and do application over my cold sore, then another clean finger and cover the rest of my lips. I find it keeps the superficial layer hydrated so none of that unpleasant throbbing, and the healing goes on underneath.

I have several friends who have tried it on my recommendation and have been very pleased!

Vicki x

Hi, someone else run a thread on this not long back , I used to suffer with one every few weeks until I purchased a UVA treatment light from boots about £30 but very very rare I now get one, it looks kind of like a small wii remote but has worked wonders, I often had a bran flake lip but it must've been almost 2 years since I've had one and that's from one every month at least xx

I also have the light and it's fab, tea tree oil is also helpful x

Thank you, I'll have to give them all a try!

My partner suffered from cold sores a lot he works outside at night he swears by taking zinc tablets don't get them so bad now 👏x

You can also get tablets from doc if you get coldsores regularly xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back