college assignment: origins of pedicure?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georginaleigh

Reaction score
i had to do a an assignment for college, partly to do with pedicures.
we had to find out the origin and the like.
i can't find what country or around about what century/year pedicures originated.
help please!

As its homework alot of geeks wont tell you only guide as you need to learn, have you searched wikipedia or google?

both.
wikipedia just tells me the procedure and the whole latin thing.
google is useless as it comes up with websites for salons.

i'm probably not using the right keywords.

tried that too, still came up with nothing.

i'll try and branch out on my keywords.

i put in history of the pedicure and it took me to the wikipedia, on that page is a list called contents just below the write up,
go to no6 external links and click on pedicure tips and it takes you to a page that tells you where it is from and when it started,
good luck hun
wish i could find links so easily for my home work lol

thankyouuu! =]

This might help.

Believe it or not, people have been manicuring their nails for more than 4,000 years. In southern Babylonia, noblemen used solid gold tools to give themselves manicures and pedicures. The use of fingernail varnish can be traced back even further. Originating in China in 3,000 BC, nail colour indicated one's social status – according to a Ming dynasty manuscript, royal fingernails were painted black and red. The Egyptians also coloured their nails, using red to show the highest social class. It is said that Cleopatra's nails were painted a deep red, whereas Queen Nefertiti went with a flashier ruby shade. In ancient Egypt and Rome, military commanders also painted their nails to match their lips before they went off to battle. :)

Have you found your answers hun?

yeah, i have, thanks. =]
i did what you said & i'm also going to add bits of what retired posted when i get around to re-doing my assignment again.
i gave up as i then couldn't find where waxing originated!
i thought it best to leave it for another day than do my head in not finding what i wanted.

PM Axiom, he is our resident waxing guru and will be able to point you in the right direction of useful websites for your home work on waxing hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back