College interview today : S

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyann

Reaction score
Hi all, I have my college interview in a couple of hours for nvq level 2 in beauty therapy. I have no idea what to expect:eek: just did a search on here and found people saying wear minimal make up, hair tied back, no jeans etc then I read about tests! So now I'm nervous! I'm doing an nvq level 3 in customer sevice which I will be finnishing in a couple of weeks so did all the basic skills tests etc, oh and I'm taking with me all of my previous nvq certificates with me. So now I'm convinced I might not get in:cry: Or am I being nervous for no reason?

Are you off to the college with the amusing abbreviation?
Posted via Mobile Device

haha no I'm off to Radbrook, I don't even know where it is, thank god for taxis!

Oh but that is part of Shrewsbury College of Arts and Technology isn't it? Will be a bit of a trek if you live on the same side of town as where you work - it's not that far from the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital!

They do seem nice there though. I was a model there for someone who was doing a hairdressing assessment last year, and they were a friendly bunch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah its part of SCAT lol and yeah I do live near where I work at the mo! I know it's far but 2 busses a day it will have to be until I pass my driving test and get a car (or lifts off the boyfriend on his way to work)
I'll be giving up my job at the pet store if I get in :green: I think the day I hand my notice in will quite probably be the best day of my life lol I've already got a part time job lined up that I can fit around the college hours when I find them out :)

Ah cool that sounds ok then. Why they name a college after an unhealthy interest in what politicians say most of the time, I'll never know!

I don't think you'll have much of a problem with the interview, to be honest. It already sounds as though you have a lot of relevant qualifications - and remember that the college may also be taking on 16 year olds with a few GCSEs too, so you should compare favourably with them in terms of qualifications (unless you have to do level 1 first if you are coming straight from school or whatever).

Well you are roughly on the same side of town to me by the sound of it then. We're pretty close to Welti, if that gives you an idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

We are up by the Grange School so yeah same side-ish, small world eh!

I'm probably being nervous for no reason, I guess all colleges do their interviews differently. I've been told it will be more of an informal interview and more of a guidance thing to help decide what to do I guess.

Aye, isn't it just! Although I am in Telford on my lunch break at the moment!

Good luck anyway, although I am sure you will be fine.

At least you won't be short of a model for your course either (you are very welcome to pester me) assuming that I can get time off work, or my master plan goes ridiculously well and I end up working from home yet still earning enough to pay the mortgage!
Posted via Mobile Device

I had my college interview last week for same course, but in Doncaster

Dont panic, wear something comfortable, you'll be fine.
I had a blast in my interview, she was really nice.
If you have ANY questions write them down and take them with you. remember to relax and be yourself hon

GOOD LUCK xx xx

I'm back from the interview and (as usual) was worried over nothing! I'm enrolled and ready to go in September :green: AND I will have to leave my current job a week earlier than I expected! (shame)

Excellent, well done! I figured you wouldn't have a problem!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you Ruth and Pixie :hug: Me and the interviewer got on well, but everyone I spoke to thought I was a school leaver :irked: at least I'll look young when I'm old :lol:

Well done honey, told you it'll be ok! :green:

Latest posts

Back