Colour 60# hair extensions turned orangey pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momobile hair

Reaction score
Hello,
I fitted a client with 60# hair extensions from hair planet. She has gone abroa and the have turned orangey pink on the ends :/ she says she has not been in the pool or sea. Why would this happen after a week? Would it be the sun? :o

Yup. The sun lightens extensions just as it lightens natural hair.

Also the shower water there can do this aswell

I knew as soon as I read the title that the client must be on holiday.

This never happens in England with the sun so I highly doubt it's the sun.

Mine did exactly the same after a day at a water park, I never EVER get my hair wet apart from in the shower or rain (😂 ) but obviously at the water park it was unavoidable so I am almost certain it's something in the water. Mine was horrendous, a really bright orange colour!!

If it was down to the sun we would get it in England too.

Could possibly be certain sun tan lotions?

For me and my experience of the day it actually discoloured, I blame the water park. Even after toning it was pretty irreparable... Is that even a Word?? 😁

I will avoid wearing extensions on holiday ever again unless they're due a new set.

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not necessarily, the sun and the heat in Britain is nowhere near as powerful as hotter countries. Not only will the sun effect extensions, but heat opens the cuticles. Even the hot atmosphere can effect the extensions.

Oh dear! I worry about this during the summer! Who is responsible? Supplier, client or extensionist ?

I always tell my clients not to wear extensions in holiday as they can get ruined if they do it will be at their own risk

I won't take any responsibility at all for extensions worn on holiday I warn against it :)

What about ppl who live in Australia etc where it's constantly sunny? I think it's more down to minerals in the water, swimming pool, showering etc than the sun x

What about ppl who live in Australia etc where it's constantly sunny? I think it's more down to minerals in the water, swimming pool, showering etc than the sun x

I think it could down to both tbh

I do extensions on my mum when she goes on holiday & she's #60 as well & her hair was absolutely fine didn't change colour at all & she sits in the sun all day & goes into the pool too..

I was told when training that this can happen when the hair has had oil applied to it and the sun burns the oil therefore burning the hair. But also could be down to water :)

I don't know if Moroccan oil can stain extensions. I've seen it happen to a colleagues client with beautiful white hair. Suppose it could do the same to extensions.
Also su creams etc can easily stain gelish so again it could possibly happen to hair

It's sun cream xx

I have this problem with a client also... is there anyway to fix this?? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its the melanin in the sun cream/tanning products.

I dont think so :(
It doesn't say on there website that holidays will damage the hair. I am going to add it to my after care sheets.

Latest posts

Back