Colour Advice Needed Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missfit

Reaction score
Hi Im new to the site and think its great. There are some is some really helpful advice on here so hoping you can help me.

I'm looking for advice on colouring grey/white hair.

I went to see a client today who have very coarse wiry thick hair with a large percentage of grey hair.

She said she used Garnier home dye but couldn't tell me the colour but it looked a golden blonde to me. It' not picking up all the grey so she's been putting it on every other week and her hair is in terrible condition now.

Her roots are very white and I would say she is a base 6 or 7. She's looking for a blonde that will cover the white so she doesn't need to do it often!!!

I've suggested we also put some highlights through the top to break up the colour and perhaps the grey wont be so obvious.

Can anyone give me some advice on the best product to use, i use loreal majirel and wella just now as they seem to give the best results but not worked with this type of hair before!!!

hi, if its aready in bad condition then u dont want to be hi-liting it. hard to say without seeing it but i woulg go for 9.3 with 6% roots first then take a semi or water down the 9.3 on mid-lengths and ends. the reason why her grey is not covering is probably due to the fact that a box colour will have a higher level of peroxide in it especially if its a blonde she has been using! hth:green:

Thanks for your advice your right i am concerned about hi lifting it as the condition is very coarse and i dont want to make it any worse!!!!

Latest posts

Back