Colour advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinless

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if you heard this before, but I would need some advice from the colur guru`s around here.

Here is goes. Met this elederly lady today and she needs the colour done tomorrow. She previosuly used some other brand, but now she wants to try INOA.

Her roots are about 70% white, natural base is 6, midlenghts and ends are more like an ash blonde, 8,1 INOA.

She would like to go 8,3 INOA.

What is your advice? What should I do?

In my opinion, I would`ve done 8,3 with 30 volumes developer for 30 minutes. The last 5 minutes I woul`ve emusified it to get it even, but I am not sure how much INOA is going to lift !

Thank you for your answers !!

Have you used INOA before? I will give you some pointers.

20 Volume is for white hair coverage/ up to two levels of lift.
30 Volume is for up to three levels of lift (two on natual bases 1-3)

When working on 70% + white hair you need to add 1/2 fundamental (base) shade.
In INOA there is two types- natural fundamental e.g. 8, and golden fundamental e.g. 8.3F.
Note there is also a normal 8.3 shade.

When you are changing the tone or going darker you take the colour though immediatly.
When you are refreshing the tone you take the colour though for the last 15 mins.

If there is an incompatable tone on the ends e.g. ash, you need to remove it first otherwise it will affect the final tone.

If you've just met her today and she wants it done tomorrow how will you have enough time to do a patch test? Assuming colour is going on scalp.

Latest posts

Back