Colour advise please (I'm a consumer but not doing any diy!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
My hd is colouring and cutting my hair next week and I am bring quite particular on colour so I thought I'd ask here so I can tell my hd...... He uses primarily L'Oreal colours and has used Diacolours on me in the past.

I want to go red - not copper, red! But I want it semi-permanent...... So he despatched me off to Sallys to check the colour charts and tell him what I want......

I'm a base 7 and looking at the diacolour and richesse colour charts the semi permanent for a base 7 or 6 are all copper. I like the look of Red Plum 5.65, is that too dark for me?

I also like the look of Colour Touch 66/45 but I'm not sure my hd has used that brand before - is it comparable to Diacolour?

The lady in Sallys also told me that she believes Rusk colours can be permanent or semi depending on which developer(?) you use - is that
right??

I promise I am not doing this myself, my appointment is booked for next tuesday. He only sent me to Sallys because he's known me a very long time and I've always been very interested in what he does to my hair......

Can you lovely hair geeks give me a pointer? Thanks xx

If he uses L'Oreal why not look in Majirel range. They do some lovely reds. Check the Majirouge etc. I currently have a 6.62 on mine and it's a lovely warm red.

Is Majirel permanent or semi? I really can't go permanent because my husband hates me having red hair, so a semi means I get moaned at less!!!

If I was forced to choose between those 3 I would choose colour touch.

My best advice would be to find a salon which uses Shades EQ. They are a million times superior to any other semi available. Redken.com have a salon locator.

dia colour are only really used to tone hair as they are very translucent, loreal's semi permenant range also include richesse and hi-richesse (tubes not cans) which are also semi but have more coverage and last longer, the hi-richesse has some nice rich red colours, these have their own developers too.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your replies :hug:

Just one thing to bear in mind, Colourtouch is not a semi permanent. i.e it will not wash out. It does fade a bit but if you go for a strong red you will stay a strong red. I have a client I use 6/4 Colourtouch on and it is a lovely vibrant red but most not definitely semi. She has regrowth with it and we touch up the roots and we only use the 1.9%. I would say she is a base 6-7.

So beware. So many people think they are getting semi permanent colour when they are not

What about having some foil slices place around the front ( or where ever you would like ) lifting them up and using somthing like a fudge colour, they,re the ones in the little squat tubes, you can choose anything from the brightest red to blue to green ! this way you can either top the red up when you want to at home if you feel it fading or change the colour or go back to a natrual colour it'll give you loads more options ?

What about having some foil slices place around the front ( or where ever you would like ) lifting them up and using somthing like a fudge colour, they,re the ones in the little squat tubes, you can choose anything from the brightest red to blue to green ! this way you can either top the red up when you want to at home if you feel it fading or change the colour or go back to a natrual colour it'll give you loads more options ?

I really like the sound of that Lilly!!

We've decided to go with L'Oreal Hi Richesse 6.64 Garnet with some base added to it..... I haven't seen the shade chart but my hd has tracked it down and I trust him!

Thanks a lot for your help guys :hug:

Latest posts

Back