Colour Advise Please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah_clancy

Reaction score
Hey geeks was just after some advice and to pick your brains!

I have a client wanting to go from blonde to brown.

Naturally Base 6
Has Hair Extensions (will be removing and new ones put in)
She has T-Section of bleach foils so looks averall blonde and has been for about 6 years.

She wants to go dark but wants the option of going back blonde if she hates it.. I doubt she will but just to be on the safe side....
I know if I put a semi straight over she will get lots of fade quickly, but she would rather that then not be able to get back blonde if she doesnt like it.
Sooooo... can I get away without pre pig and just go in with a warm chocolate?
I use Loreal... but can get hold of wella/XP/Tigi/Goldwell/indola

Thanks!

xox

hiya if its very white blonde and you dont pre pig it could come out that muddy looking way shes obviously not sure about going dark if shes thinking about how to get back to blonde already would she not consider lowlighten it that way your keep a bit of blonde the other thing is if shes getting dark hair extensions then you dont want her new colour to fade too quick and look too muddy as it will look worse against extensions xx

personally I'd use a warm semi like you were thinking, it might not fade too quickly if the hair has had alot of bleach on it in the past as the hair will suck up the colour, the colour may fade to a not so great colour but by then hopefully she'l know what she wants to be dark or blonde. I have used lots of colours, /37's are good,on hair that has been quite blonde so long as you use a warm colour, colours have advanced so much now and I dont think a pre pig is always necessary as it used to be, unless of course the hair is completely white blonde !
One thing I always do first is a strand test, no worring that way.

thanks for your quick reply!
yeah your right actually...
im inclined to spray on porosity equiliser then use a red mousse to pre colour... As its only the top partof her hair that is really blonde the rest is natural!
It wont be too glowy would it with the chocolate over the top?
xox

i think as above said do a strand test maybe do a couple of strands with and without pre pig then see that way itl put your mind at ease and the clients aswel xx

Are you using bonded hair or a weave? You could use dark bonded hair to get the dark look, while keeping her blonde hair (natural) for highlights.... then if she is wanting to go back to all blonde, it is as simple as changing out the extensions. I get a little nervous when clients want to go dark or red, then state they might want to go right back to their old color. Extensions are a great option for noncommitted clients.

wella colour touch 66/07 mixed with 66/03 with 1.9 or even 3% to slightly open and tightly shut those cuticles is a great semi to go over blonde/highlift tints...yes it will fade but on the second/routine regrowth i used just the 66/07 for the application its a great chocolate brown and not too dark...what ever you do if she wants to go back to blonde in the future your gonna have to use bleach or meche anyway so have to be aware that the colour you use will still have processed hair underneath..so she will need to grow that out before going blonde again..i went from fullhead highlift to 66/07 last year then went back to having full head bleach highlights after i knew the bleach underneath had grown out...

Are you using bonded hair or a weave? You could use dark bonded hair to get the dark look, while keeping her blonde hair (natural) for highlights.... then if she is wanting to go back to all blonde, it is as simple as changing out the extensions. I get a little nervous when clients want to go dark or red, then state they might want to go right back to their old color. Extensions are a great option for noncommitted clients.

HairSquared!!
That is an amazing suggestion, I would have never thought about that...
Im going to recomened she do that!

Thank you for all your replies!!

xox

Latest posts

Back